Hi from Ontario, Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SanRemo

Reaction score
Hi All,
Im Ed and have a 2005 Liberty CRD that I have had for a few months now. It has been quite the money pit thats for sure. I call it my Gremlin as I have been doing nothing but chasing gremlins since ownership. I do love the rig though and hopefully will have all the issues ironed out soon.

I bought the rig in May with 149,000kms on it and it needed some TLC. First, I completed the off road mod and cleaned out the map sensor, then I replaced all brake rotors and pads then went on to replacing both U joints. From there I replaced both engine mounts as I have a clunk upon acceleration and deceleration. Both mounts were bad and sadly, I still have this clunk. Both the fan clutch and auxiliary were not operational so I replaced the clutch fan with a FF Dynamics electric fan that was supposedly made for the CRD and the aux fan I replaced with a 14" Hayden Ultra Cool. The jeep still goes into the Red on the gauge and I am having serious doubts that the $400 (canadian) I spent on the FF Dynamics fan was worth it. The jeep had a Mopar lead acid battery in it that swelled and puked acid everywhere. I replaced it with an Optima Yellowtop.

I installed a DIY tune that I found on L.O.S.T and although it seemed to work for a day or so until my Jeep went into limp mode and scared the crap out of me lol. Turned out that I needed to change the fuel filter. I upgraded the head as well. I went back to the stock tune as I'm going to eventually grab the GDE eco tunes.

I hit 160,000kms in a hurry as I am a student and drive 125kms a day for school. The day I hit 160,000kms, I replaced the Timing Belt, pulleys, tensioner, water pump, lifters and rockers (as a precaution). At the same time I removed the EGR system completely with the help of the Weeks Stages one and two kits. I also replaced the coolant with fresh HOAT coolant.

My fuel gauge started acting up and its driving me nuts so I bought a 5.9 cummins pump and sender to install when I get a chance. The heat issue really bothers me though. I have $600 in fans and coolant and it gets hot. Mind you, I do have one of those little infrared temp guns and when the jeep maxes out in the red, the temp gun only reads 195 at the stat housing and rad...

There is a guy in Alberta that sells machined Tstat housings, and although he's Canadian (and I feel I should be supporting an innovator), I cannot justify spending that kind of money on a housing. I'll find a used Tstat housing and bastardize it in a way that I can use another tstat like people have been doing on the other forums.

I have done a lot of research on the CRDs but am unable to become a member on L.O.S.T. for some reason.

Sorry for the long intro

Ed

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Welcome Ed. Phone keeps turning off tonight so I'm not going to write two paragraphs again to see it get tossed. Maybe the phone planets will be in better alignment tomorrow.

Try any non-valid username and password on the login page at LOST and a hotbutton for contacting the board administrator will appear above the username block. They were very helpful getting me back in.

You've done everything to your Jeep that I'm still doing to mine. How did your rocker pins look? Any change in performance with the Weeks kit and egr delete?

Any chance of an air bubble in your cooling system? Maybe a bad water temp sensor.

Last edited: