HEY check it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REDlimited

Reaction score
hey im looking for like 2/2.5 inchs of lift! was looking at spacers reading all these reviews and i wanna stay away from those cause i hear they are freaking junk!!! soo what do i need if u could send me links or something that would be great! looking for a pretty cheap route thanks guys=P~

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME Springs HD- about 150$ for the front and same for the back
Rancho struts/shocks if you can still find them
Front-175005's
Rear 174004's (Correct me if im wrong guys I forget off top of my head)
(also about $150-175 a pair)

Extended front bump stops-about 40$

That as an initial setup works great. About 500$

If you want a little extra lift, for about another 100$ you can get

Boilers Top Plates 3/8''-about 40$
Extra isolators- $10-20 per iso
Conduit nuts for the clevis lift-less than 10$

That is one of the cheaper spring/shock lifts.

You can opt for the Frankenlift at about 800-1000$(comes with pre assembled front struts and long rear travel shocks)

Hope this helps

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as a "cheap lift" remember you get what you pay for.

Vranes17 is off just a bit on the math, but I did the OME springs / Rancho shocks for right around $650. That's pretty "cheap" for quality parts, and way less than lifting just about any other vehicle.

The rest of his "shopping list' is right-on, and I would only add that the closer you get to 2-1/2", you'll want to add some new Upper Controll Arms from Jeepin' by Al to get the geometry back in spec.

The ride improved vastly over stock, and I'm at about 2" before the new tires.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think $650 is a bit on the conservative side.

My OME/Rancho lift cost about $800 shipped from All J Products. That was about a year and a half ago. I also had to spend another $40 for the Teraflex front bumpstop from TrailQuest.

Otter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the Frankenlift II premium from All J's seeing is thats all they make anymore.
Cost me $1100 and thats with shipping...now just waiting till I some time to install it :D

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha yeah im bad at math BUT, I tried to over shoot by just a little. I just saw someone snag ranchos for 113$ a set, alot better than my 158$

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as a "cheap lift" remember you get what you pay for.

No truer words have been spoken.
What everybody else has said is true. If you can afford it and you're serious save up your case and buy a proper lift that comes c/w new coils, shocks & bumpstops.

I chose the cheap route. It began with a Rusty's spacer lift that I picked up from somebody for about $100. It included a spacer for the top of the front stock strut assembly, a coil spacer for under the rear coil and new shocks for the rear. No extended bumpstops. It gave me a 2.5" lift and didn't drastically change the ride because I still had the stock coils.

Because I didn't install front bumpstops within a year I ruined my stock front struts and had to have them replaced. Since installing a pair I haven't had a strut failure but now I've had a rear shock fail. Likely a coincidence.

On the plus side the spacer lift did allow me to fit a set of 245/75R16 AT tires inside the wheel wells (but I need to pound down the pinch welds).

I'm soon going to get a Frankenlift simply for the fact that I want to replace the sagging stock coil springs and to maximize my suspension extension.

Latest posts

Members online