Hesitation in shifting while cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used Mopar most times but two times I tried Castrol and Napa then went back to Mopar and no difference. Really no big deal to me. Does it for like 2 maybe three decels and then it stops.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What my jeep experiences is what Chrysler I guess is calling transmission shuttering according to the TSB. I just hope that my transmission can hang on till summer, when I actually will have time to replace it.

The TSB also mentions a new torque converter. could you just need a new torque converter?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What my jeep experiences is what Chrysler I guess is calling transmission shuttering according to the TSB. I just hope that my transmission can hang on till summer, when I actually will have time to replace it.

As far back as I can remember Chrysler was never regarded as building very good transmissions. I haven't had that many compared to other brands. I'm more of a Ford fan but they don't have anything like the KJ and I like my KJs.