Here we go again :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felt the studder again in the KJ as I try to accelerate through 45-50 mph. The RPM's drop considerably and if I push the gas it putters then the RPM's shoot up. The MIL came on and the error code is P2305 (Ignition Coil 2 mis-fire). I replaced Ignition Coil 1 within the last 2 months due to error code P2302, same problem different coil. Should I go ahead and replace all coils and spark plugs while I am at it?

I'm a little worried that this may go deeper than just the mis-firing since this is the 2nd time in the past 2 months that it has occurred.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about it, but could a faulty PCM be burning these up? Would bad plugs (i.e., causing a bad "ground") add to the load or something and cause failure?

2003KJ

Reaction score
I'd replace coil #2, and change all the plugs, and go from there. Not sure on the cost of the coil, but plugs are cheap and easy enough to change.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd replace coil #2, and change all the plugs, and go from there. Not sure on the cost of the coil, but plugs are cheap and easy enough to change.

Ditto...............because it could just be a wierd coincidence that 2 of the coil packs went. Then I would wait and see - fingers crossed. If it happens again (hope not) then as Atrus said something might be causing it and you would need to look further. If not, all is good.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on the set of plugs thats currently in it?

If its over 30k I would change those first since they should be replaced every 30k anyway. I would also switch that coil with another coil(making sure you know which piston it goes to) and see if the code changes.

You could just be having bad luck.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on the set of plugs thats currently in it?

If its over 30k I would change those first since they should be replaced every 30k anyway. I would also switch that coil with another coil(making sure you know which piston it goes to) and see if the code changes.

You could just be having bad luck.

Less than 10K on the plugs since I changed them earlier this year. I may try changing the coil as you suggest and then see what code might come out. Good idea!!

Donkeykong

Reaction score
Speaking about plugs, does anyone have the PN for ours?

I'm at 37k miles on my 06 and if they are supposed to be changed every 30k I'm overdue.
-Mark

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to mess around testing things and just wanted to get it all fixed so I changed everything. First, I ran a can of seafoam through the intake and drove it for about 100 miles. Then this past weekend I changed out the plugs with the AutoLite plats and also replaced the #2 ignition coil. After everything there are no more stumbling issues. However, I will have to wait about 2500 miles before I can confirm!! :)