Here She Is After Frankenlift & Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure why this keeps going on and on....it's simple - MULTIPLE people from this site WITH experience have told you the Frankenlift will give you 4" of lift, 3.5" after several thousand miles. Heather is obviously wrong.....

Also I'm totally confused with your logic on everything. This site is loaded with people that have first hand knowledge of every possible combination of lift, yet you are refusing to take our advice, instead you take the advice of someone over the phone, only interested in selling you parts. Just because you talk to someone from the company, that doesn't mean they are automatically more knowledgeable than those that have first hand experience. But whatever...

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OME lift and Frankenlift use the same 1.5"-2" springs. The Frankenlift uses poly spacers in addition to the springs. Front spacers give you lift that's double their height. So if the spacers are say 1" tall, that's an extra 2" of lift, plus the 1.5"-2" = 3.5"-4" total. They must not be taking that into account, or just don't know that front spacers work out differently from how the backs do.

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure why this keeps going on and on....it's simple - MULTIPLE people from this site WITH experience have told you the Frankenlift will give you 4" of lift, 3.5" after several thousand miles. Heather is obviously wrong.....

Also I'm totally confused with your logic on everything. This site is loaded with people that have first hand knowledge of every possible combination of lift, yet you are refusing to take our advice, instead you take the advice of someone over the phone, only interested in selling you parts. Just because you talk to someone from the company, that doesn't mean they are automatically more knowledgeable than those that have first hand experience. But whatever...

The logic is simple really. I take the word of the folks here, but I thought that some folks here would like to know what All J products has to say - not because what they say is correct, but because it isn't.

It sounds like you are getting tired of reading this thread, but yet you still do.

The OME lift and Frankenlift use the same 1.5"-2" springs. The Frankenlift uses poly spacers in addition to the springs. Front spacers give you lift that's double their height. So if the spacers are say 1" tall, that's an extra 2" of lift, plus the 1.5"-2" = 3.5"-4" total. They must not be taking that into account, or just don't know that front spacers work out differently from how the backs do.

This makes absolute sense. The funny thing is there website claims they have likely lifted more Liberty's with their lift than any other shop in the country so how they seem to not know that their lift is at least 1.5" taller than what their website states and what they emphatically stated 3 times on now on the phone is beyond me. All J must have a broken tape measure.

So now I'll be buying JBA UCA's after all.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have the same setup in front. It's been on a number of years, and fender height has settled down to 22.25". With that, I do get some periodic control arm to spring contact. New arms are on the shopping list, just haven't pulled the trigger (opened the wallet) yet.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are getting tired of reading this thread, but yet you still do.

So now I'll be buying JBA UCA's after all.

Not tired of it - entertaining actually :happy175:

Also, I think you should be careful about bashing an entire company's reputation and credibility because you got bad info from one person.

All I was getting at was that you came on here asking about lifts, we recommended the perfect lift for you and then you ended up going in an entirely different direction from what we said because you found someone to give you the answer you wanted to hear, then you were unhappy with the results..... :shrug:

Bmxer524

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME springs(927,948) will net 2.5" of lift. As it's been said, the frankenlift adds spacers. Everything you add to the front doubles. If you put an inch spacer in, you get 2" of lift.

I don't understand how they can claim the frankenlift is below 3". Maybe in the rear lol.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its got something to do with the way they measure from the floor to pinch weld to check for level. Are they using that measurement to check height also?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of disappointed in some of the things posted on here regarding AllJs . I guess if you haven't been around almost 10 years or more you wouldn't know the contributions that AllJs has contributed to the KJ world.
Now yes they may say 2.5 inches or so but we all know from years of experience that it gives you more than that.
NOW here is something to think about. OME advertises their springs as giving 1.5 inches right? Yes they do. But we all know that they give more in the range of 2.5 inches in real life. Now for a moment take that 1.5 inches figure in the extras that the Frankenlft adds and you are at 2.5-3 inches . So in a way they are correct in that thought process.
Heather is one of the sweetest and most knowledgeable women around that works ( and of course part owner of AllJs) on Jeeps. She could put a lot of members to the test for sure.
AllJs was also one and still of the founding members of LOST KJs which became LOSTJEEPs . They were trying crazy things way back when to try different things to lift KJs more than 2 inches .
So before you start saying that they do not know what they are talking about, take some time to think what you are saying.
Several of us said what the Franky gives you just like when someone says that OME states 1.5 inches we know its more.
Sermon over
Rev. Mudd hasn't given one for a while so I'm rusty ............:shrug::icon_lol::icon_lol:

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a merchant myself I may have unrealistic expectations, but I have those expectations of myself as well. I'm certain that All J's and Heather are and whoever the guy I spoke to at All J's are fantastic people and have contributed a great deal to KJ's. I am new Liberty ownership though I am not new to 4x4 ownership, but those I owned in the past were lifted and had everything I needed when I bought them. So I'm new to dealing with 4x4 parts and accessories specialty shops. Though I have some experience with modifying and restoring vehicles. Perhaps I do not understand the ins, outs, and subtleties of dealing with this stuff, because my past experiences were a whole lot more straight forward.

I personally find all this a bit confusing and disconcerting. Frankly I'm done and as far as I'm concerned this thread is dead! That doesn't mean I will not have other questions in another thread as God forbid once this fiasco is straightened out by purchasing and having JBA UCA's installed I plan to purchase skid plates. I'm tired!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Having owned and built 4X4s for over 40 years I know how challenging it can become dealing with companies on what they say and what actually is. I've never " bought one" that was already built nor ever wanted to but I'm sure thats the easy way since its done and you don't have the headaches that sometimes goes along with building one.
But thats the fun part, choosing parts/ installing them yourself along with helping to design new parts ( some that may come out soon :gr_grin:)
So hopefully you'll stick around and continue to build up your KJ.
Remember its not yours till you drill the first hole in it ( yourself)

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having owned and built 4X4s for over 40 years I know how challenging it can become dealing with companies on what they say and what actually is. I've never " bought one" that was already built nor ever wanted to but I'm sure thats the easy way since its done and you don't have the headaches that sometimes goes along with building one.
But thats the fun part, choosing parts/ installing them yourself along with helping to design new parts ( some that may come out soon :gr_grin:)
So hopefully you'll stick around and continue to build up your KJ.
Remember its not yours till you drill the first hole in it ( yourself)

Does that new part begin with an L? Or is it your bumper that you just made?