Here She Is After Frankenlift & Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If he has no extra clevis lift he may be ok....
Besides, It is really not that difficult to install the New A-Arms and do another alignment.
The way to find out is to find some taller speed bumps at 15-20 mph, without going off road for now, and see if the stock arms do contact the springs.
You might be ok..you might not...it is 50-50 time ...go test it out! and report back...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Back to the beginning
If under 2.5-3 inches then you don't need new arms but they do make it easier to align. Anything over 3.25 on up yes you should.
NOW to the Franky, unless they have in fact changed something recently it sits you at 4 inches when new and takes a long time to settle in. I've installed Frankenlifts and plus ran a muddified one for 50,000 miles . Also have installe Ironman and OME and ran both/all on mine at one time or another .
So throw us some measurements ( middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare) They may of changed the height recently to only get 3 inches or so
Its one of those things from experience if you tell me you are running OME 927 with a 1/4 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis then you're going to be at 3.75 inches when settled in , same with the Franky have installed them so know where they sit when new and the first 5-6000 miles

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If he has no extra clevis lift he may be ok....
Besides, It is really not that difficult to install the New A-Arms and do another alignment.
The way to find out is to find some taller speed bumps at 15-20 mph, without going off road for now, and see if the stock arms do contact the springs.
You might be ok..you might not...it is 50-50 time ...go test it out! and report back...

If he had a clevis on a Franky ( the way they used to be built ) he would of been at 4.5 inches

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah there cowboy. I never said anything about the Frankenlift being 2.5". Go back and re read your thread. We only told you it wasn't needed for 2.5" of lift. You went and got something that gave you more than we said and now you will need them. I never said the Franky would give you 2.5 in that whole thread.

Not sure why the attitude, you got a lift that many on here would kill for. You are in a pretty good spot. Now save up and finish it off with some UCA's and you're set. That's kind if the whole part of modifying a vehicle. Saving up for the next big part you need that compliments the last one you did.

She looks great man, I'm sorry you got stuck with an amazing lift that kicks ass lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
My Frankie is still over 3.5" after 2 years of beating on it... not sure what kind of measuring they are doing over there ;)

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah there cowboy. I never said anything about the Frankenlift being 2.5". Go back and re read your thread. We only told you it wasn't needed for 2.5" of lift. You went and got something that gave you more than we said and now you will need them. I never said the Franky would give you 2.5 in that whole thread.

Not sure why the attitude, you got a lift that many on here would kill for. You are in a pretty good spot. Now save up and finish it off with some UCA's and you're set. That's kind if the whole part of modifying a vehicle. Saving up for the next big part you need that compliments the last one you did.

She looks great man, I'm sorry you got stuck with an amazing lift that kicks ass lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I either miss-communicated or you misread what I wrote. Regardless I apologize and take full responsibility without excuse as I respect you and tommudd. What I meant to say is that both you and tommudd both said that as long as a lift is under 3" no JBA a-arms are needed. And that All J's representatives said the Frankenlift II Deluxe is a 2.5" lift and they confirmed that no JBA a-arms are necessary and that was stated by All J reps emphatically as they said "JBA a-arms are completely unnecessary with any lift under 3".

Secondly I have an attitude, because when I purchase a product I expect it to be what it is represented to be by the company that sold it to me. Its not a matter of not having the money, but if I wanted an over 3" lift I would have purchased one that was sold as such. My attitude is not toward you, tommudd or anyone else on this forum it about not getting what a seller represented their product to be. And though this is my first rodeo with lifting a 4x4 it is not my first rodeo with suspensions. Before I got injured I built a couple cars I used for track days and club runs and I got what I paid for, because I bought the best for the vehicles I built. By the way I make a large portion of my income as an online seller on both Ebay where I am a Top Rated Power Seller and Amazon. I built my business by accurately representing the items I sell and not trying to up sell people unnecessary upgrades and by providing 1st class customer service.

All that being said I actually love the height it is at currently so if the Frankenlift was misrepresented by All J's as a 2.5 lift when in reality it is over 4" I will purchase the JBA UCA's and have them installed. With this you all may comment or wonder why I care that I was told by All J that this is a 2.5" lift if it turns out not be be - its a matter of principle and professional ethics as I expect to be treated the same way I treat my customers.

I will take measurements tomorrow.

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Frankenlift (lift portion) consists of OME 927 front and OME 948 rear springs, and "proprietary poly parts". They don't say how thick those "poly parts" are though. But then, it wouldn't be proprietary if they gave away the info before you buy it!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
proprietary poly parts shown below
I bought them from someone who bought a Franky and didn't like the height or noise, so disassembled them and sold me the parts . I then built my own version with 790 springs etc But here are the parts they use to make a Franky
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom parts. ISO's/top plate or whatever. I have a set of those sitting in my garage collecting dust. They where sent when I got a replacement Clevis fork and I had zero use for them. I think the lady wanted to get rid of them so she sent them over with everything else lol

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked.. It actually looked pretty level from the pictures you posted. The rear is at 2.5" of lift Front is sitting at 4" right now

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Center of wheel to fender flare.

Front 23"

Rear 21.5"

So yes a solid 4 inches of lift in front , rear has always been low with the frankenlift, always add at least one upper isolator
Like I said before it will settle down 1/2 to 3/4 inch but it will take it a while to do it.

Bmxer524

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was always told by everyone that the frankenlifts get about 3.5" after settling. Rachael just had her KK test fitted for one. I think she was under the impression that it'll be below 3" as well.

Either way, the KJ looks good. How does the frankenlift lift the rear? Is it just springs and shocks? If so, I'd add 1 or 2 upper spring isolators per side and get it more leveled out. That's just me though, I'm not a fan of rakes.

The a-arms will help that spring contact you're most likely getting right now. You'll still have some from the shear height of the lift, but it will alleviate the smaller bumps, etc.

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I was just told over the phone with great emphasis by Heather at All J's that the lift absolutely does not give 4" of lift, but however, I could have that false impression if my vehicle was sagging in front before they were installed and then compared the lift to the measurement before the lift. She also stated that the only way I could get that much lift is if it was improperly installed. I was requested to send pictures of the installed lift which I will do later today.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are at 23". that is 4" of lift from stock. Not from sagged but stock.. Stock is around 19" from center of wheel to flair. Most peopel are closer to 18ish or so so if you was at 18 before than you'd have gotten 5" of lift but it's still only 4" of lift from the factory height.

The lift is probably rated at 3.5" or so of lift but it's not uncommon for lifts to net a bit higher in some cases. All Jeeps are not created equal. Now 2" is far off but yeah.

Last edited: