Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepgirl9675

Reaction score
Hey yall so I need some help. I have a 2011 liberty. So I just had my transmission rebuilt a little while back and now there's a new issue. This just started this week but if I pull put of a parking spot or make a turn it's like it revs or accelerates but no power almost like the transmission is slipping I guess but then it kicks out and drives fine. I checked and there's nothing burning or leaking. I think maybe also traction control? Mayne that sounds dumb, I'm on my last leg. My other car is in shop getting the water pump fixed so any help on what this could be? Anyone else had the same problem?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope the shop understands how to read the fluid level correctly.
No transmission dipstick on a KK is engineering at it's worst.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a KJ CRD, so Im no expert on the Jeep KK that you have.

That said, I dont understand how checking the oil dipstick on a vehicle without a transmission dipstick (definitely a dumb design...some Toyota Tacomas do the same thing ) could give one ANY insight into ****** fluid level.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jeepgirl9675

Reaction score
I own a KJ CRD, so Im no expert on the Jeep KK that you have.

That said, I dont understand how checking the oil dipstick on a vehicle without a transmission dipstick (definitely a dumb design...some Toyota Tacomas do the same thing ) could give one ANY insight into ****** fluid level.

You must be registered for see images attach
I know but what I'm saying is I was watching a YouTube video where they took the oil dipstick, cleaned it off, then used that to check the transmission fluid. They said you can actually do it that way?

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ still sounds sketchy to me...did they show you where to insert the oil dipstick into the ******??

Maybe post the link and Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Referencing the Tacoma for example .. the trans fluid has to be at a specific temperature when accessing the standpipe to check the fluid level. You can do it yourself but a digital thermometer and patience are required.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I can find the link, but 2011 KK Jeep liberty FSM mentions the correct Mopar tool for measuring the fluid level correctly.
It is based upon temperature & other perimeters.
The dealer or 2011 parts fiche may mention the shorter temporary correct dipstick part number.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ still sounds sketchy to me...did they show you where to insert the oil dipstick into the ******??

Maybe post the link and Hopefully someone else will chime in.

LMFAO...DEI gone overboard again... I never thought that auto censor could make something I said innocently look WORSE !!!!

Guess Im gonna have to start completely spelling out "transmission" instead of shortening it to ****** !!!!

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has come up before, I'm sure you can use the dipstick from a scrap KJ

Jeepgirl9675

Reaction score
Ok yall so it's actually true. You can take your oil dipstick and check. I'm low on transmission fluid but not bad and it's not burnt. I still plan to take it in and have it looked at to get a second opinion but I'm gonna add some and see if that'll correct the issue. Luckily it only started this week

ShowMe Cherokee

Reaction score
You can actually buy the correct dipstick from Amazon. It even comes with the chart to reference temperature to appropriate level. It isn't very expensive either. Well worth it is you have a KK.

Jeepgirl9675

Reaction score
To everyone who replied with help thanks but I figured out what's going on. I'm having to solely rely on myself to fix everything. My ex moved out and went to Michigan to take a job transfer through our company. Not a bad thing since I've been surviving on my own for quite a while. I wanna learn this thing inside and out but I figured out the problem was my transmission cooler lines were leaking. I got underneath and saw it Sunday. I had to take it back to the shop that fixed it and they're replacing it for me. I unfortunately don't have my own garage... yet. So thanks again!