HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to a local tire shop today to buy some wheels and tires. i wanted a 30x9.5x15 bfg a/t with a black steel wheels. the guy said it would fit if he had the right offset. about an hour later he mounted the tires and the tires rubbed!!! according to bfg's website it is a 29.5" tire. i was so angry. so we looked for some 16" rim tires/wheels. i found a black steel wheels, but the only tires that would fit are the yokohama geolander a/t or dominator truck radial a/s. what is the best choice.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
First how in the heck did you fit a 15" wheel? I didn't think the front brake caliphers would clear that.

Anyways the geolanders are pretty decent, I looked at those before.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
First how in the heck did you fit a 15" wheel? I didn't think the front brake caliphers would clear that.

the 15" wheels fit. the problem was the offset of the wheel. it caused the tire to rub on the wheel well.

i called them up and they said they would order the 235/70r16 bfg's, but i have another problem they said the offset on the 16" rim would not work. i have a question does anyone know what the offset and backspacing of the stock liberty wheel is? thanks for your help.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
It's a 4.5" bolt pattern, not sure on the factory offset though.

On my wheels I went with a 4.0 backspace and I get decent rubbing with a 245/75R16 tire.

What other backspacing is everybody else currently running?

Yippers

Reaction score
jeepkj02 said:
Bennett said:

the 15" wheels fit. the problem was the offset of the wheel. it caused the tire to rub on the wheel well.

i called them up and they said they would order the 235/70r16 bfg's, but i have another problem they said the offset on the 16" rim would not work. i have a question does anyone know what the offset and backspacing of the stock liberty wheel is? thanks for your help.

IIRC OEM is ~ET42

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to 2 different wheel/tire store in my local city and they both said no black steel wheel will fit on the liberty. now i know that is not true because i have seen liberties with black steel wheels. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

-i dont have a lift on my jeep!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Those black steel wheels on Libbys are 16" in diameter. Tell him that the 15 inchers won't fit. The stock wheels are 4" of backspace, I believe.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 15" rim did fit but the 30x9.5x15 tire i put on was too big and it rubbed a lot!!! it looked awesome too. it made me mad to have to return it!! i am confused right now! why doesnt anyone make any black steel wheels for the stock liberty! they tire company said the liberty had a crazy offset.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am having some trouble finding a good wheel and tire combo. i was thinking about going with the 235/70r16 firestone destination a/t and 16x7 cragar black soft 8 wheels (4" bs and 0 offset). would these fit? (Aeh)
thanks for your help.

summit racing