Help! Tough CRD decision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjr

Reaction score
Hello,

New member here, I'm posting for my cousin who is too busy to ask the questions so I'm helping him out.
He has a 05 CRD 2000 miles ago his wife blew the turbo. Turbo, hoses, glow plugs & fuel injectors were replaced or rebuilt, $5000 later the Jeep has been running great, he's cresting a hill at 70 mph and the motor loses power and starts vibrating like crazy, no banging or metal sounds, he shifts into neutral and coasts to side of the highway and has it towed.

Vehicle just turned 100,000 miles I'm assuming it's the timing belt since it wasn't replaced ( I know :( ) and after some research worst case scenario all the rockers need to be replaced too? CRD has new tires, brakes, battery and is excellent condition. He loves the CRD too! Just wish he loved it enough to know service info.

The big question! Should he repair it? Estimated cost w/labor vs trying to do ourselves. Or try and sell the CRD as is? What do you guys think it value is as it sits?

Thx in advance!
Joe

Last edited:

jjr

Reaction score
33 views, no opinions or approximate cost or value of CRD? Come on guys help me out please!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33 views, no opinions or approximate cost or value of CRD? Come on guys help me out please!

Best to go to the "Liberty CRD Love the Torque" section at:LOST JEEPS • Index page

They have a very active CRD section there and they will advise you....there may even be one of the experienced CRD fixers near to you who could have a look at the problem.:shrug:

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK

MAKER OF CRD SERVICEABLE THERMOSTAT ASSEMBLIES
Reaction score
Send me your contact telephone number(s), and appropriate times for me to call you. It appears to me that you have been hosed on the repairs, or at least were not given proper advice. LOSTJEEPS.com is indeed the best place to get information on these vehicles, only because the CRD crowd is more active there.

jjr

Reaction score
I'm sorry I need to revise my post. I just looked over his receipts. Parts replaced @ 90k, 10k miles ago. ( my cousin partied too much over the years)
Garrett turbo (blown)
Air Cooler Tube (torn)
Bosch fuel Ing. 4ea
****** Flex plate adapter, hub bolt & accs. (broken)
Battery
Fuel filter
EGR valve, gaskets and filter head kit (leaking)
Approx $4800

Glow Plugs replaced @85kmiles , his wife put unleaded in it, $2400 at stealership! Auto insurance paid for it ???

Thx for the help guys

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online