Help! Problems with 4lo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akof

Reaction score
I was trying to shift into 4Lo when the car was stopped, after I had lost traction on top of some ice, and the result was that now the car is not engaging the transmission at all. I can't reverse or drive. Also the 4wd lever is loose now. Any suggestions?

akof

Reaction score
How much do you think that will cost to replace?

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
akof said:
I was trying to shift into 4Lo when the car was stopped, after I had lost traction on top of some ice, and the result was that now the car is not engaging the transmission at all. I can't reverse or drive. Also the 4wd lever is loose now. Any suggestions?

Try this: put the ****** in neutral, try shifting Transfer Case lever then.

akof

Reaction score
valvestem said:
akof said:

I did put the ****** in neutral and try to shift the transfer case and its loose, nothing happens.

papasmurf42482

Reaction score
put it in neutral and shut the engine down, sometime time they grind when shifting. Also if youve never put it in lo before it can be kind of wierd you gave to pull back very hard and fast!!

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
akof said:
valvestem said:
akof said:

I did put the ****** in neutral and try to shift the transfer case and its loose, nothing happens.

OK, then it's either tow truck time or you can remove the console to see what happened. I think the T-case is cable controlled by the lever, I am not sure until I can post a pic for you. Hold on a few minutes.

akof

Reaction score
Thanks. Is this a common problem on the Liberty? I feel really bad that I may have broken my moms Jeep by accident (Aeh)

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Here you go, it takes a while to find, copy, resize, transfer the pics.

akof

Reaction score
Alright,

Thanks everybody. Tomorrow I call up the mechanic.

akof

Reaction score
btw, does anybody know how much it would be to replace the t-case linkage?

2003KJ

Reaction score
akof said:

Not a clue, as there havent really been any cases such as this with the KJ.

4 wheelin in moms Jeep huh? Please tell me she knew about it.

If not....thats just... [-X

akof

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
akof said:

:) No its not really like that. I wasn't 4wheeling, I was just trying to get the jeep over some ice into a parking spot. Anyway, thanks again and gnite

2003KJ

Reaction score
akof said:
2003KJ said:
akof said:

:) No its not really like that. I wasn't 4wheeling, I was just trying to get the jeep over some ice into a parking spot. Anyway, thanks again and gnite

Good. Sorry if I offended, but its just that I see a lot of teeny boppers today runnin around in mommy or daddy's Jeep, and they beat the living hell out of them, break them, and give them back. And whats worse, mommy and daddy pay to get it fixed and turn around and throw them the keys again.

akof

Reaction score
Understood. BTW I am going to sound like a noob here but what does KJ stand for? You said that the t-case linkage was not a problem with the KJ, is there a Jeep Liberty non-KJ? All I know is that my moms Liberty is 2002, it doesn't say KJ anywhere on it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
akof said:
Understood. BTW I am going to sound like a noob here but what does KJ stand for? You said that the t-case linkage was not a problem with the KJ, is there a Jeep Liberty non-KJ? All I know is that my moms Liberty is 2002, it doesn't say KJ anywhere on it.
Look HARDER, it says KJ EVERYWHERE.

KJ means nothing. It's just an internal code. KJ = Liberty.

If you really want to find "KJ", just look on the tail lights. You'll find KJ there among MANY other places on your mom's Jeep.

akof

Reaction score
Thanks I will check it out tomorrow while I'm at the dealer getting this fixed.

2003KJ

Reaction score
It's just a production code that is given by Chrysler to each model Jeep....KJ is Liberty, XJ is Cherokee, TJ/YJ/CJ (depending on year) is the wrangler....etc.

Check out this nifty little page....

click me!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.