help !! not going into gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a auto transmission and filter change and as soon as I was done I started her up and tried going into the gears but it wouldn't. I was able to shift the lever but there is nothing going on down there. I know there is the right amount of fluid. Could it be because I took out so much fluid that there is not enough inside the transmission? Cause I defineately got out more than 5 quarts.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a auto transmission and filter change and as soon as I was done I started her up and tried going into the gears but it wouldn't. I was able to shift the lever but there is nothing going on down there. I know there is the right amount of fluid. Could it be because I took out so much fluid that there is not enough inside the transmission? Cause I defineately got out more than 5 quarts.

how much did you put back in? depends on how you did the drain/flush, you may or may not have enough fluid

Latest posts

Members online