HELP!! Mysterious coolant Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrendenKJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty 3.7L V6. I recently replaced the coolant temperature sensor due to over heating than a engine light saying coolant temp sensor, I’m starting to think that it might not of been the issue.
I’m experiencing a coolant leak. I noticed it under the passengers side but it’s dripping down a metal bar just in front of oil pan(you’ll see in video attached) but it seems it’s actually coming from the bottom of the drivers side.
Looks like it could be coming from whatever is under the water pump.
I just can’t seem to track the leak down to the exact spot from the top or bottom.
Any ideas or advice before I get it diagnosed at shop to save myself some time and money
Thank you in advance. I’ll try to add some more pictures/Videos tomorrow.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not an Expert on the LHD KJs but that area on the RHD KJ is where the drain for the aircon condensed water is...after a drive with my aircon ON I get a puddle under the Jeep in that area!

This water is of course very clean and does not have any red color that the coolant should have.

This would of course have no impact on a Low Water warning coming on but it may just be messing you around!;)

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing is check to see if it coming from the weep hole in the water pump. When the seal starts to go in the water pump or pump starts to go it will leak.

BrendenKJ

Reaction score
I am not an Expert on the LHD KJs but that area on the RHD KJ is where the drain for the aircon condensed water is...after a drive with my aircon ON I get a puddle under the Jeep in that area!

This water is of course very clean and does not have any red color that the coolant should have.

This would of course have no impact on a Low Water warning coming on but it may just be messing you around!;)
I appreciate the thought of this but considering my air-conditioning doesn’t work so I don’t turn it on I’m assuming it has nothing to do with that unfortunately