Help me decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I know I am kind of a newbee and this topic gets hit on alot. I know I want a Frankenlift and if I do lift my jeep that is what I am getting. My jeep has 200k on it. It needs shocks and struts bad and what better time to do so right? Well what I am worried about is that after I lift this jeep up I am going to be struck for troubles. What are some of the side effects of a frankenlift or any other lift for that matter?

I know some have problems with cv's. I replaced my drivers side cv about 30k miles ago. My passenger side has a little tear in the boot (that is duct taped right now) So I will be replacing either the whole axel or just the boot here soon.

I have rebuilt my transfer case once at like 140k miles and it should be good.

How about like U joints will they have problems?

I dont want to go with to large of tires because I want to retain my fuel millage a little bit so I can still drive down the free way.

I guess I am just on the edge of what to do. Should I lift or not?

I love the looks and I like wheeling I sold my YJ last spring and am dying to get back out, but I still need to drive this rig to work on Monday.

Thanks guys for bearing with me!

-lynxer

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No real problems, I have had my lift on for over 97000 miles and off road it as well, just don't drive to the :Dmall! But did have to replace the right side CV with 130,000 miles on it, Like I said over 97000 lifted So I have had to replace nothing that is not normal wear and tear on mine, I did replace the upper control arms with JBA, ( just because I got a deal on some) replaced the U Joints but again thats a regular wear item. Lift it , makes it more fun to drive.

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the assurance I was looking for! I need new upper ball joints too so I am going to look for some JBA UCA's or maybe just bite the bullet and buy em new.

Thanks Tommudd