HELP I think I'm being ripped off (or lied to)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeger said:
Are there any hammer dings on it? Looks like they just got it cross threaded and screwed it all up. Hard to tell from the pics.

I am going to agree that it looks like it was cross threaded. In the pics you can see the deformation on the threads. The tech probably used a air tool that has not torque adjustments and went right at it.

keep us posted on your scenario.

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

I cannot necessarily prove that they messed it up, so I ended up paying the $120 for the labor and new nuts to get it fixed. I didn't chicken out, I really just wanted my jeep back and get it away from those guys, and if paying $120 was what I had to do to get it back, oh well. I've heard stories of other things going "mysteriously" wrong when you complain about these guys...

I got an alignment done, but now it is clunking. I wonder what that could be from.

Should I call Jeep and make them replace my perfectly good MOOGS? I mean, why would the dealer pull those without asking? Should I demand a new axle?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: UPDATE

csukoh78 said:
I cannot necessarily prove that they messed it up, so I ended up paying the $120 for the labor and new nuts to get it fixed. I didn't chicken out, I really just wanted my jeep back and get it away from those guys, and if paying $120 was what I had to do to get it back, oh well. I've heard stories of other things going "mysteriously" wrong when you complain about these guys...

I got an alignment done, but now it is clunking. I wonder what that could be from.

Should I call Jeep and make them replace my perfectly good MOOGS? I mean, why would the dealer pull those without asking? Should I demand a new axle?

A.) Yes, you should pursue them with the whole replacement of your MOOG ball joints!! They are not even OEM and the tech just pulled them without thinking and put on factory ones. They should have seen the MOOGs and addressed that with you asking if you still wanted to proceed with the job. Not hide the fact that you have a much superior ball joint that is greasable (unlike the factory ones).

B.)
Take it back to them about the clunking noise. But first!! Go to a non dealership mechanic shop and have them check it out for you. Maybe go to a couple shops to get an opinion. Then go back to the dealership and have them fix it for free. Try to get quotes from the other shops or inspection quotes to show what the cause of the clunk is. The dealership should be fully responsible for the damage and repair/replacement of your axle. You just need to have more firepower to get at them with, and if you go through with it you need to stick it out for the long haul. Things just don't happen overnight when dealing with these dealership/Chrysler.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good advice from Phil.

Although I would be concerned about going back to that dealership though, if you think they have a reputation for things going mysteriously wrong, as you say.

Post who they are so others in your area will be warned???

Find another dealer. There are good ones out there.

Dave

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And while we are at it, can we once again differentiate between JEEP and a Jeep Dealer. The dealer did this to you, the dealer is responsible. In no way should you be contacting Jeep except to complain about the dealer so that they get a bad rating, possibly lose their 5 star rating, but Jeep has no power to make them do anything. Complain to Jeep, complain to the BBB, complain to the AG...but do not go after Jeep.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pity you.. They took the good joints out and replaced them with crap then screwed up your threads.. So when the new joints go bad(and they will), you will have this problem again..

You didnt keep the moogs did you? I need the boot off it. 8-[

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
You didnt keep the moogs did you? I need the boot off it. 8-[

They got rid of his moogs with out his approval.

Man I feel bad that you're going through all this. I'd be raising absolute hell with that dealer for reimbursement of the moogs.

Definitely keep us updated...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:

Man I feel bad that you're going through all this. I'd be raising absolute hell with that dealer for reimbursement of the moogs.

Time to bring out the guns.. Where is this dealership? I think I need to go and take care of some stuff. =;

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is Gary Mathews Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in Clarksville, TN.

I don't want to take it back. I think Im going to demand reimbursement for the moogs. I just dont trust them to replace the axle and do nothing else to the car.....

This is the dealership that a buddy of mine had "fix" a used dodge ram (warranty just ran out), had a rattle....long story short, after complaining loudly that they mischarged him and wouldnt refund his money, and 2 weeks later his entire electrical system went out. One of my best friends worked at a dealership as a finance guy, and he said they would do malicious things to cars that wouldnt show up right away. He didn't approve, but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
csukoh78 said:
This is Gary Mathews Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in Clarksville, TN.

I don't want to take it back. I think Im going to demand reimbursement for the moogs. I just dont trust them to replace the axle and do nothing else to the car.....

This is the dealership that a buddy of mine had "fix" a used dodge ram (warranty just ran out), had a rattle....long story short, after complaining loudly that they mischarged him and wouldnt refund his money, and 2 weeks later his entire electrical system went out. One of my best friends worked at a dealership as a finance guy, and he said they would do malicious things to cars that wouldnt show up right away. He didn't approve, but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

OMG that is nuts. Get your money back for the MOOGS but instill the mistrust that you have with them to touch your Jeep. Focus on the MOOGS at this point.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, try to get reimbursement for the Moog's but do not let them touch your Jeep. That's crazy. You need to find another dealer. There are good dealers out there. Also look for a local repair shop that is good. Check with people you know for a recommendation. Find a good one and stick with them.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
2003KJ said:

Time to bring out the guns.. Where is this dealership? I think I need to go and take care of some stuff. =;

hell yeah! Get the JeepKJ army together and go hunt us some stealership!!!! =D>

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
I'm guessing you're 101st, I hope this isn't your 3rd or 4th trip the litterbox across the pond. If this dealership already has a bad reputation, head on in and drop the "gonna get you on the 'off limits' list" comment and see how fast they start playing nice. #-o Nothing like losing military business in a military town to wake somebody up. It's not like they'll just lose serv/repair business, but sales. And sales means big $$$$$ in a military twon with redeploying Joes who just got a tax free reup bonus and nothing else to spend it on.

good luck

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great avatar btw....

No, not in the 101st. You could say im "quiet."

I like the idea about the banned list. Going in tomorrow to demand reimbursement for the moogs. Whose got the most expensive website for these, so I can print a receipt?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

Horror stories about Chrysler dealership malicious "repairs"?

1. How about installing a used water pump and charging for a new one.

2. Installing a mangled timing belt tensioner that cut the belt, resulting
in catastrophic cylinder head failure. ($2800.00 repair bill that they
reluctantly paid for!)

3. Crankshaft/flywheel pulley bolt fastened but not torqued and flew off
with my wife driving.*

4. Both CV joint/ Axel nut fastened fut not torqued, causing drivers wheel
to become loose and wobble.(Requiring new wheel bearing)*

* These two items luckily happened within 2 blocks of an other Chrysler/
Jeep dealership after a road trip 2400 mile road trip!
After limping in to Red Dear Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, the service manager
bumped us to the front of the list and sorted out the mess that the other
dealership Pooched. I was asked which dealership preformed
the original work, the service manager politely replied with
"I have heard nothing but complaints from this outfit.
No guaranties, but I will do my best to get your money refunded!

Long story short...

Not only did we not have to pay for the emergency repair, but we were
given a refund for parts and labour from the previous repair in a
different Province.

And reminded that when back in B.C., not to do anymore business with
Bob Binkley Chrysler/Dodge Jeep.

This goes to show you that not all dealerships are Crooks.
As far as your situation goes, Go after them for all the parts they
replaced/ damaged.
If your cities Television Stations/newspapers have a consumer affairs
reporter ask to get an interview with him/her and explain your story
to them. and of course (As previously mentioned)lodge a complaint
with the BBB.

Best of luck.

Ryan

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
csukoh78 said:
great avatar btw....

No, not in the 101st. You could say im "quiet."

I like the idea about the banned list. Going in tomorrow to demand reimbursement for the moogs. Whose got the most expensive website for these, so I can print a receipt?
Thx brother, I use the same avitar on about 5 forums and tracking w/ "TF" or 5th, played with both when I was w/ the SOSB. Miss those days, big A sux.

Back in NC a buddy of mine had engine work done at a dealership and they forgot to put in oil and his motor blew and they said tough ******* so we dropped the 'off limits' and they came around. Too much competition in a military town to get a bad name.

good luck

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maby we could start 2 seperate threads - a "good dealer experiences" and a "not so good dealer experience" thread and make them a sticky????

Hopefully, the good dealer one will be much larger.

It might give everyone some insight. I don't know. Maby there should be a guideline so no one puts a dealer on the bad list because one jerk works there??? The experience would need to be fully explained. We shouldn't do anything that would open up the Board to a lawsuit. Are there any Attorneys here??? Maby I'm being overcautious, but this is the WWW.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.