help help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wo shi

Reaction score
The gas cap message could also mean Large Leak detected.
Look at around gas tank where all the lines connect into the tank & look for any cracks in lines, vent tube lines, filler neck etc.

Car running without any problem is now China is very hot, but there is no gasoline in the vicinity of the car should be a small amount of leakage, I do not know how you are looking for the leak? Gas cap is bought on eBay

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The message will not just go away as soon as you put a new gas cover on(or if it does it usually takes several cycles). Disconnect the battery and reconnect (clear the code) and see if it returns after replacing the gascap.

那个 'Gascap' 问题不会马上清除. 要等待几个"开-关"周期才会清除.
你也可以把电池断开后会清除 'Gascap' 问题.

试试看.

wo shi

Reaction score
那个 'Gascap' 问题不会马上清除. 要等待几个"开-关"周期才会清除.
你也可以把电池断开后会清除 'Gascap' 问题.

试试看.

I completely you say. Now it's not, heaven knows it will not a few days again. May God bless thank you thank you thank you to the forum, I do not know I said can let you understand, thank you very much

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Car running without any problem is now China is very hot, but there is no gasoline in the vicinity of the car should be a small amount of leakage, I do not know how you are looking for the leak? Gas cap is bought on eBay
Many vent & vacuum lines around gas tank.
52901[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

If they have crack or small hole,wont leak gasoline, but Jeep will turn on the dash warning light.
Inspect all the lines carefully. A smoke machine does work best to find these types of leaks.
I wonder in China though if anyone has this type of service or what kind of "smoke" they might use in their machine..:icon_lol:
As mentioned, a Mopar gas cap would be best, and clear the codes by removing the battery cables for a while.
Also having a proper OBD2 scan and posting any codes found, would be more helpful.
The codes may also read back in the odometer without a code scanner without starting the jeep.
See video LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrPBBzp7wE

Attachments

• Fuel%20Tank%20KJ.gif
    Fuel%20Tank%20KJ.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 0

wo shi

Reaction score
Many vent & vacuum lines around gas tank.
52903[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

If they have crack or small hole,wont leak gasoline, but Jeep will turn on the dash warning light.
Inspect all the lines carefully. A smoke machine does work best to find these types of leaks.
I wonder in China though if anyone has this type of service or what kind of "smoke" they might use in their machine..:icon_lol:
As mentioned, a Mopar gas cap would be best, and clear the codes by removing the battery cables for a while.
Also having a proper OBD2 scan and posting any codes found, would be more helpful.
The codes may also read back in the odometer without a code scanner without starting the jeep.
See video LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrPBBzp7wE

thank you

Attachments

• Fuel%20Tank%20KJ.gif
    Fuel%20Tank%20KJ.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 0

megatone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
从泄漏检测泵拆下软管和空气吹入软管和听那里的空气逸出的声音。
Cóng xièlòu jiǎncè bèng chāi xià ruǎn guǎn hé kōngqì chuī rù ruǎn guǎn hé tīng nàlǐ de kōngqì yì chū de shēngyīn.