help finding cargo basket+cross bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of some decent cross bars and an enclosed cargo basket that fit our KJs?

My wife is driving 1200 miles with a baby and German Shepard and we need some more room for items. I figure just about any roof rack/cargo basket will mount to the cross bars, which I don't have.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at a rola basket? they are cheaper than you might think and most people compare their quality to yakima and thule.

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at a rola basket? they are cheaper than you might think and most people compare their quality to yakima and thule.

I have indeed. I would love a basket, but my wife wants an enclosed carrier. And her parents are buying it for us, so I am on the losing end of this battle, lol.

I'll get a basket for the KJ next time!

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought the Rola Rack plus the Platypus bag that attaches to it...great set up without a huge box on the roof. However, as Ry said, eTrailer has plenty of enclosed molded cargo holders that might do the trick for you. Also, if you require more cargo area Rola has an extension section for their basket. If you aren't up for making crossrails then just spend the bucks on some decent ones, which afford the ability to remove them fairly quickly.