Help! Dont work air conditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hechicero

Reaction score
Hello, friends in jeeps!

I have a problem with air conditioning in my KJ 2006 year, CRD, automatic transmission

I know, that the air conditioning turns on when the temperature of coolant liquid is high or ehen i press button "snowflake" :)
But my radiator fan dasnt rotate.
1. Fan is good - i connected it to 12B - rotate ok.
2. All fuses are ok
3. All fan relays are ok, i think. Tomorrow i will test them more properly.
4. Whereto sould i look at?

p.s. sorry my badly english.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OPERATION
The electric radiator cooling fan is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) through the radiator cooling fan relay. The PCM regulates fan operation based on input from the engine coolant temperature sensor, battery temperature sensor,air
conditioning select switch and vehicle speed. The fan is not energized during engine cranking regardless of the electrical input from the temperature sensors and ,air conditioning switch. However, if engine operation conditions warrant fan engagement, the fan will run once engine starts.

Vehicles Equipped with AC:
In addition to using coolant temperature and battery temperature sensor to control cooling fan operation, the cooling fan will also be engaged when the ,air conditioning system is activated. The relay is also energized when, air conditioning is selected and coolant temperature is above 95° C ( 203° F), or , air conditioning is selected and battery temperature sensor is above 41° C (106°F). It will then de-energize when , air conditioning is selected and coolant temperature is below 92° C (198° F), or , air conditioning is selected and battery temperature is below 38° C (100° F).

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check operation of Coolant Temperature Sensor.

Удачи! :happy160:

Hechicero

Reaction score
OPERATION
The electric radiator cooling fan is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) through the radiator cooling fan relay. The PCM regulates fan operation based on input from the engine coolant temperature sensor, battery temperature sensor,air
conditioning select switch and vehicle speed. The fan is not energized during engine cranking regardless of the electrical input from the temperature sensors and ,air conditioning switch. However, if engine operation conditions warrant fan engagement, the fan will run once engine starts.

Vehicles Equipped with AC:
In addition to using coolant temperature and battery temperature sensor to control cooling fan operation, the cooling fan will also be engaged when the ,air conditioning system is activated. The relay is also energized when, air conditioning is selected and coolant temperature is above 95° C ( 203° F), or , air conditioning is selected and battery temperature sensor is above 41° C (106°F). It will then de-energize when , air conditioning is selected and coolant temperature is below 92° C (198° F), or , air conditioning is selected and battery temperature is below 38° C (100° F).

Do I understand correctly, that AC will work only on heated and started engine?
Ok. When I selected and turn on AC after some hours moving. No effect.
Fan - is ok.
relays are ok.
What my next steps, by logic?
1. Do I test engine coolant temperature sensor? Where can i find in car? And how can I test it?
2. Do I test battery temperature sensor? Where can i find in car? And how can I test it? And why does Kj need it-i dont know? Is the KJ's battery possible to make more cold?
3.Do I test PCM? How can i test it?

I ask you so details, because dont want to run to the offical dillers, beacause it will be not cheap. And I want to undestand details, how it work :)

One more question to all - what could be happend if :
a) If I will go with furning off fan? (temperature of engine is shown on dashboard-is it true?)
b) If I connected fan directly to battery?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Sorry clumsy language!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. I may be mistaken...I cannot locate a Coolant Temp Sensor for CRD engine in 2006 Factory Service Manual. You should, however, have a Viscous Fan Clutch if I read the manual correctly. According to manual: With engine cool, spin fan by hand. If it spins freely more than 5 times, it should be replaced.
1. Я могу ошибаться ... Я не могу найти охлаждающей жидкости датчик температуры для CRD двигателя в 2006 году завод по эксплуатации. Вы должны, однако, иметь вязкой вентилятора сцепления, если я прочитал инструкцию правильно. По инструкции: с двигателем прохладе, спина вентилятора вручную. Если он вращается свободно более чем в 5 раз, он должен быть заменен.

2. On my 3.7L petrol engine, the Battery Temp Sensor is underneath battery extending into Battery Tray.
2. На мой 3.7L бензиновый двигатель, датчик температуры батареи под батареей, проходящей в Battery лоток.

3. Doubtful if PCM is bad. No need to check for the present.
3. Сомнительные если PCM плохо. Нет необходимости, чтобы проверить на настоящее время.

a). Foolish idea to run engine with fan not operating properly.
b). Can run fan > relay > switch > battery directly....many do this in U.S. for water crossings in order to stop fan rotation manually temporarily.
). Глупый идея запустить двигатель с вентилятором не работает должным образом.
б). Может работать вентилятор> реле> переключатель> аккумулятор непосредственно .... многие делают это в США для пересечения водных для того, чтобы остановить вращение вентилятора вручную временно.

Your English is MUCH BETTER than my Russian! LOL
Ваш английский гораздо лучше, чем мой русский! ЛОЛ

Last edited: