HELP!! Bedliner flares/bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bedliner did you all use?
What type of prep for actual bedliner, not walmart spraypaint can?
tjkj2002 i know you have yours bedlined, what prep steps were needed?
and anyone know if theres an online supplyer of bedlienr for low prices?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bedliner did you all use?
What type of prep for actual bedliner, not walmart spraypaint can?
tjkj2002 i know you have yours bedlined, what prep steps were needed?
and anyone know if theres an online supplyer of bedlienr for low prices?
You have a sport which means alot more prep is needed to bedline,or just get the smooth Limited flares and bedline them.I have a limited so my flares can smooth and painted to match my body color which made them super easy to prep.Most(if not all) bedliner stuff needs a painted surface to stick to(or primer).Since my stuff was painted I just had to scuff them with ScotchBrite's brown pads(80 grit) to get some deep scratches in the paint for the bedliner to adhere to,cleaned with wax/grease remover and sprayed(after taping off what is not to be bedlined of course).Since it is UV resistant you can not do this in sunlight and it can not be exposed to sunlight for at least 6 hours.

I used this stuff............
http://www.uschem.com/index.cfm?page=productDetail&id=126&pid=2
If you call them they can get you in touch with a local supplier.You will need there special spray gun(about $20) and a very good air compressor with at least 14CFM rating.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my first and only experience was with herculiner (on my grille) and i really like it. It's much grittier than most that I've seen but it was fairly simple to use. I got a quart off amazon for $25 or so. Paints on with a brush, but its so thick you can't see strokes. Dries in about 12 hours. PM me for more info!

Latest posts

Members online