Hello! New jeep owner here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeard

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just picked up my first ever Jeep. Its a 2004 KJ 3.7 4x4 sport.

Hoping that I can provide information on fixes/ modifications that I do to the KJ!

You must be registered for see images attach

Senistr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums! I actually just had a lift done with some new tires. Most everyone on here will tell you to go with JBA or OME lift kits because they've been tried and tested to work the best, but I went with Skyjacker since it was cheaper by a lot, but also with softer coils then what the other two offer (stock coil rates vs a stronger rate to prevent "sagging"). Also, I went with a little bigger of a tire that was recommended but not much larger than the recommended.

They will also tell you that depending on how big you want your jeep, you will need to replace the gears to accommodate the larger wheels, which is suggested for anything after a 245/75 tire. To figure out roughly how much height and change from the tires you have on there now, to whatever you want to use, go to Tire Size Calculator and click the tire comparison tab.

To see a picture of my Jeep "Lady" Liberty, go here http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f235/greetings-58176/

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Lots of good people here. Just watch out for the Professor, he's a hugger.:gr_grin:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and nice jeep.

Dave