Hello from Illinois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. Between the avatar and the user name, it's obvious where my vibes are coming from. But seriously, I am a former Army Tank Commander (12 years active duty service).

Well I recently bought a 2002 KJ Limited (from a family member) and will be using the vehicle mainly as a work driver. But with that said, I am thinking since it has some mods already done to it, I'd like to play off road occasionally. We'll see. This is my second Jeep. My first was a '84 CJ 7 bought new.

As for myself, I'll also answer to "Jerry", I am 50, I work as a Operating Engineer in a stone quarry, I am widowed, I live in Elmhurst, Illinois and I have found this site interesting now that I own a KJ. I look forward to my time here. Thanks for letting me in.

- oddball aka; Jerry

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. There are some good write-ups in the How To here.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, there's nearly anything you want or need to learn about the KJ. If you can't find something, then just post and someone will give their opinion or knowledge.

So, what mods if any, are done to your KJ?

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ has the following mods;
BFG AT KO 255/70R/16 tires on the stock KJ Limited rims.
DTT locker and a PowerTrax locker.
Hidden Hitch rear receiver (with a shackle locked in place).
Skidrow engine & transmission, and transfercase skid plates.
The front skid is a factory Mopar piece.
Kilby gas tank skid cover.
Mopar front tow hooks.
Poison Spyder Rock Ring on the rear diff cover.
KC lightbar with duel KC 8" Slimlites (not installed).

I am considering a OME lift kit and steel wheels (possibly BFG K2's?) and rocker panel bars. Of course I've seen some cosmetic mods like a custom roof rack, among other things I am interested in.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one for now. I plan to take more when the weather breaks and I begin my modifications and fabrications to share here.
You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another black one....nice KJ......and welcome to a fellow Vet.

Dave