Hella 500's mounting question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shreknow91

Reaction score
Can the Hella 500's be mounted to the stock bumper on an 03 KJ?

Thanks... and feel free to post pics of your bumper light setups...

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's one of the first mods I did to the Jeep:
You must be registered for see images attach

It's easier to mount them to the '02-'04 front bumpers than it is on the '05+ model front bumpers. If you're planning on drilling thru the bumper here is a pic with some dimensions (because of the angle the 3 1/2" measurement looks shorter but it is 3 1/2"):

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing that on my 03' but i think i will put on a bull bar or brush guard and put the lights on that.. I don't know yet. So many possibilities and not enough money!!

w8in4yurmom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super easy to put them on the newer renegade but they are nice lights. I just through on the hella 500ff's and love em

revolutionwanted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North Carolina, US. Originally So. Maryland.
Super easy to put them on the newer renegade but they are nice lights. I just through on the hella 500ff's and love em

I mounted mine the same way. Love them. I would recommend a rubber washer between the mounting bracket and the plastic bumper. I have not done it on mine yet, but probably this weekend.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that I will do this anytime soon, how does it catch on underneath the bumper, as far as I know these lights do not have long mounting rods/brackets.

To those with good amount of cash reserve, and especially those with black jeeps, consider Black Angels, they look incredibly good at about $200.

revolutionwanted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North Carolina, US. Originally So. Maryland.
Not that I will do this anytime soon, how does it catch on underneath the bumper, as far as I know these lights do not have long mounting rods/brackets.

To those with good amount of cash reserve, and especially those with black jeeps, consider Black Angels, they look incredibly good at about $200.

The bolt provided is long enough to extend through the front bumper into the front tow hook holes (I believe that's what they are). I used a socket wrench extension for the rest. It's a pain to get the nut on the bolt, especially if you do not have small hands. Other than that pretty straight forward.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Thanks, this looked pretty damn short to me:

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. The lights really add to the look of the jeep.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's one of the first mods I did to the Jeep:

It's easier to mount them to the '02-'04 front bumpers than it is on the '05+ model front bumpers. If you're planning on drilling thru the bumper here is a pic with some dimensions (because of the angle the 3 1/2" measurement looks shorter but it is 3 1/2"):

i know this is really bringing an old one back from the dead but...

the 1 inch out from the grill. is that after measuring 3 inches over, or is the 1 inch out from the corner of the grill and bumper? the grill has a slight curve, maybe it wont matter....just wondering if anyone knew.

thanks