Heat Setting/Selection Issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching but did not come up with much, Yesterday I started my Jeep and let it idle for 10-15 minutes to warm up with heat on high, I then started driving and when it got hot inside I went to turn the heat down and when I changed the setting from 4-3 there was nothing blowing at all so I selected 1, 2, 3 & 4 and the only setting that blows any air is 4, I tried changing the setting from the main vents to defrost, floor and everything in between but it will only blow on defrost (Windshield) and Main vents, When set to floor it only blows from Defrost and so on, Not sure if its just the switch no longer working proper, I wanted a little more info before tearing things apart or replacing things that do not need to, Even on defrost or other setting 4 is the only selection that blows.

Thanks for the help!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, that's all it is. Easy fix! Just search "blower resistor" on here and there's some good info on replacing it if you need help.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, blower motor resistor.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced mine with one for a Sebring. Cheap Chinese one but apparently they're more robust than the KJ one's. Seems like it honestly. KJ was like a plastic card. The Sebring one seemed like a different, stronger material.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced mine with one for a Sebring. Cheap Chinese one but apparently they're more robust than the KJ one's. Seems like it honestly. KJ was like a plastic card. The Sebring one seemed like a different, stronger material.

I went with aftermarket but my part guy said its a good one so I will compare the two when I replace it, I am going to replace it Friday because I took the day off and my Mopar Rad, Thermostat and other goodies are supposed to arrive Thursday, You know your a Jeep owner when you take a day off work just to work on your Jeep LOL.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the blower motor resistor and everything is back to normal, Also replaced the radiator and thermostat with Mopar and the heat is better than ever, Thanks for the help again!