Heard a loud *clunk* when steering...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Daystar coil spacer lift kit installed. This morning I was in a crowded parking lot trying to back out. I had the steering wheel steered all the way left and pumped on the accelerator a few times to back out carefully. Then I had to steer all the way to the right and that's when I noticed a loud *TUNK!* coming from...one of the tire areas (couldn't tell). I checked and double checked...everything seems to be in place; no problems from what I can tell. Just wondering if this should be a concern or if it is a common thing.

BTW, my tires are still the tiny stocks (if that matters).

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To check if it is your ball joints here is a how-to:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2757

If your LBJ has some play, replace it ASAP! Prefably with some MOOG's (p/n K3199). If your mechanicaly inclined, buy it and have a dealer/shop do it for you. If you still have a warranty, your dealer can do it for you. Since your lifted you might have some problems with your dealer replacing it for free. They won't buy Moog's free for you, only stock ones.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kinda makes me wonder. If your LBJs go bad and you buy the moogs do you think a dealer would install them for you.

I know they will do that for things like oil, brakes, spark plugs, air filters, shocks, fuel filters, oil filters.... I wonder if ball joints are just out of that range of things they will replace with aftermarket parts.

Anyone tried it?