Hazard Button Acting Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stev0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hazard button started acting up by not disengaging on the 1st push. You had to really push it and wait for it to click. Then It kinda got stuck and I could not switch it off, so I jammed it with a card for a bit and tried to dissemble it when I got home.

That didn't work, because it obviously does not just pull out like all the other cars I own.

Any idea how to get to the actual switch? Hoping to just WD40 or Q20 it.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hazard button started acting up by not disengaging on the 1st push. You had to really push it and wait for it to click. Then It kinda got stuck and I could not switch it off, so I jammed it with a card for a bit and tried to dissemble it when I got home.

That didn't work, because it obviously does not just pull out like all the other cars I own.

Any idea how to get to the actual switch? Hoping to just WD40 or Q20 it.

You probably will have to replace the switch but like you I would also first try to take it apart and fix it myself.

Download the Service Manual for your year KJ here...if you have the 2004 model then the 2003 is the closest one to download.

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ