Harmonic Balancer install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdnjeepin

Reaction score
So i have the balancer installed...how do i hold it to properly torque it?

Its an Auto, so every time i try to tighten it, it will turn

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Describing the way I did it on my mustang most recently sounds hella redneck so I'll wait for a more experienced person to chime in, or tell you to search the forum forum for procedures which include the removal/install of the harmonic balancer.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I jammed a long thin rod/handle from from one of those serpentine belt tool in the dampner and wedged it against the driver's side inner fender. Now that I say that out loud it sounds sorta redneck. It worked like a charm though.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I put a breaker bar with a socket on mine, put it against the ground with a wooden block under the handle..
Had the fuel pump relay out and the fuel system depressurized..
Crank the engine over quick and it did the work for me.. once one was on, I could use put a different ratchet/bar on the others and tighten them while using a socket on the tight one to hold onto..
Sounded a bit to redneck to recommend, but I guess it all comes out that way eventually..
Just grab yer breaker bar, jam it against something and tighten down!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking about the crank pulley? I took the fan assembly out and used a battery powered impact gun.

Latest posts

Members online