hard to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lollys

Reaction score
hello, I have a 2006 crd KJ. Every morning, I have a problem when I start the engine, I need to give 2 or 3 stroke Starter. The battery has been changed and the spark plug too. In france, nobody can't give me some informations about this problem. If you are more ideas. Help:pp:
sorry for my english

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By spark plugs, I take it you meant glow plugs.
Do you turn the key forward half way until the plugs are warm, before cranking?
If you just go straight to cranking without letting the plugs warm up in colder weather, it'll be hard to start.
There is a little light on the dash that will tell you when your plugs are warm.
Hope this helps.

lollys

Reaction score
hey 119er
yes I am waiting for the little yellow light is off every start.
when the weather is really cold, I give time for the glow pluds warm's.
thank's for your answer

lollys

Reaction score
Hi rickshaw, I don't understand what do you mean by "using your block heater". Where is this part in the vehicule?
thank's

Rickshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your motor is the CRD then you have an electrical plug on the drivers side of the motor under the cowling. It will look like any electrical plug and you plug it into an electrical socket using an extension cord of course. For the states it's a 110-120v. w/ ground. I can't say for sure what others do but if it's cold I usually plug mine overnight before beddy bye! That way the motor stays toasty for the morning start. One more good battery saver trick is to use a battery blanket. It will also keep your battery at an optimal temp prolonging the life of the battery.
You must be registered for see images
www.autotrucktoys.com 49.95

Last edited:

r0bert38

Reaction score
Have You changed all glow plugs ? Maybe is something wrong with fuel filter or with heater under the filter or with fuel injection pump or there is air in fuel circuit (system) ... Many causes could be ....:(

lollys

Reaction score
I'm looking for all yours remarks!
thank's, if I find the problem, I explain to you.

JoBo

Reaction score
lollys

There are two things that most US CRD users "assume" the whole world has. First is the block heater mentioned. North american CRD's came standard with heaters in the block that you plug into your house current and it warms the engines.
Second if North american CRD's have a bad glow plug it lights the check engine light but I've read that Europian on do not.
So you could have a bad one or a bad harness. Glow plugs can be checked in the vehicle by checking the resistance of them in OHMS.

JoBo