Half ass maintainance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2004 Liberty in November of 2022, and have done (fixed) other people's F**k ups, had a vacuum leak that ended up being a JB welded back together MAP sensor! But have done the radiator, water pump, hoses, and u-joints and it's going on. Last project coming is water heater core in September when it cools off.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they used the green universal coolant in the radiator, flush well and replace with Mopar HOAT coolant or Zerex G-05 which is a HOAT coolant. The wrong coolant can really gum up the system especially when it mixes with HOAT.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2004 Liberty in November of 2022, and have done (fixed) other people's F**k ups, had a vacuum leak that ended up being a JB welded back together MAP sensor! But have done the radiator, water pump, hoses, and u-joints and it's going on. Last project coming is water heater core in September when it cools off.
If you are going after the heater core, do the evaporator for the ac (if you have it) while you are in there. Too much work for just 1 core at a time!

kiwi_outdoors

Reaction score
If you are going after the heater core, do the evaporator for the ac (if you have it) while you are in there. Too much work for just 1 core at a time!
I have never had an AC evaporator car fail in my auto, since 1970s.

Cost me about $1300 to get heater core replaced in my 2008 Liberty.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had an AC evaporator car fail in my auto, since 1970s.

Cost me about $1300 to get heater core replaced in my 2008 Liberty.
I'm doing it myself with help from my mechanic son-in-law.I pretty much do all my own mechanical work. But not until it cools off out here in Arizona