Hail!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently watching hail pelt my jeep :( very upsetting. Currently the hail is about 3/4" in diameter. Hope it doesn't do much damage.

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have hail damage, but I do have acorn damage. Two years again the oak trees produced a crazy amount of acorns and they were dropping everywhere. They would land in the bed of my Ranger and make the alarm chirp. Didn't realize until later, each one hitting the Jeep left a dent. The Ranger and the Scout didn't dent, but the Jeep hood and roof did. At that time, the Jeep was my wife's DD, but as a stay at home house slave, I mean Mom, the Jeep was in the driveway most of the time.

This morning on the way to work, there was a down tree on a blind curve. I swerved, but a big branch at hood height scratched my hood, then slid up the A pillar further scratching that, then bounced off the roof rail.
Apparently trees are my Jeep's nemesis.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol that *****. The damage we have so far seems to be the clear coat. It looks like when the hail hit it, it cracked the clear. So my jeep is now covered in small what looks like rock chips....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should be covered on your insurance under comprehensive coverage. It is an act of nature and not your fault. (if it works the same way in Canada as in the US?)

Dave

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i don't really want to go through insurance. My wife just wrote off my VERY rare sports car last October and our insurance went up A LOT. This will just add to the fire. Maybe its time for some sticker!! Rubicon maybe :p

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a 2006 Saturn Ion Redline Race Package. 1 of 274 of its kind
made in Canada. Beautiful 2.0L Saab supercharged engine..... bringing
back memories now :(

Insurance company stopped quoting repairs after $13,000 and the
adjuster said they hadn't even gotten to the body and frame yet.
Essentially when it went into the ditch a rock went through the lower
half of the engine and trans.

So yeah were not going to go through insurance or ditches any time soon :)

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the damage. At the time of taking the pictures i didn't know about the engine and trans so I didn't get any pics of it. We rolled it back over to get our stuff out but it was on its side with the roof resting against a rock wall.

You must be registered for see images attach