Had to take this one before work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. That's a Hawaii license plate, right? Where are you located there? Oh, and is that a Latitude Edition?

KJ808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Yup, our Hawaii rainbow license plate... 8-[
It's acually a limited. I haven't seen any lattitudes at the dealerships when we were looking for our jeep.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pic.

This is a pic of a Latitude.
You must be registered for see images

No chrome sidemoldings, and different wheels than a Limited, and I'm sure some of the interior comforts are missing too.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow Hawaii!!!! I love that island!!! LUCKY! I want to plan a trip out there again sometime.

haha awesome pic.

KJ808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys!

Marlon- The rims do look good, but I think it's just the 17" Dakars covered with crome plated plastic. :-s When I was about to clean and polish them, they didn't feel 'metal cold.' So I felt around the spokes and tapped it with my fingernails... low and behold I soon discovered what the dealers meant by 'chrome-clad cast aluminum.' I think the chrome cladding is glued to the rims. It was kind of dissapointing. I still love my KJ though.

here's the link for comparison... Click on the wheels tab.
http://www.jeep.com/en/liberty/colors_wheels.html

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ808 said:
Thanks for the comments guys!

Marlon- The rims do look good, but I think it's just the 17" Dakars covered with crome plated plastic. :-s When I was about to clean and polish them, they didn't feel 'metal cold.' So I felt around the spokes and tapped it with my fingernails... low and behold I soon discovered what the dealers meant by 'chrome-clad cast aluminum.' I think the chrome cladding is glued to the rims. It was kind of dissapointing. I still love my KJ though.

here's the link for comparison... Click on the wheels tab.
http://www.jeep.com/en/liberty/colors_wheels.html

Many car makers are doing this now. Many people would neglect the chrome rims and they would start to peel and look like crap. Ive had the chrome clad on my Jeep and they hold up really well. Parents just got an 06 Grand and they also have the chrome clad. O:)

KJ808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster - I guess it's the trend or maybe i'ts probably more economical for DC/Jeep to clad wheels than to put out an all aluminum version. They probably had in mind that most of us will eventually get a new set of custom wheels for street or off-roading anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.