Had a fun experience this evening..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also posted this on L.O.S.T

After the "show and shine" a local club held today, I thought I would run down to a 4wheeling spot they were all talking about and check it out. Ive been trying to find another good place to wheel ever since they close down an awesome trail we went on(Its in a place called Slade). The trail seemed to be really cool for what I could see and just couldnt stop going further and further. It started to rain alittle but I really didnt care since I was having a blast, but then it started to hail, hard. I found a tree to try and slow the hail down but it didnt help to much. The hail was around the size of marbles which isnt to bad but gosh I was scared to death, probably the more than I have ever been before. I was just thinking of my windshield cracking and seeing my hood with dents all over it. Its a really bad feeling to know you cannot do a thing in a situation like that. Anyway, I took a few pics but didnt get any of the hail. The point of this thread, do not wheel alone and check the weather before you go. I looked at a radar after I got back to my dorm and it was only a SMALL red dot that went right over me. After I got back off the trail the sun came out. :roll: I didnt get any body damage thank God and my jeep is still clean even though mud was everywhere. I couldnt even tell my tires were black on the trail, they were covered with red mud.

Sorry that some of them aren't clear:

Before Rain...

You must be registered for see images attach

After it hailed+still pouring

Enjoy. :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you drove through "the twilight zone"

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
I think you drove through "the twilight zone"

Your telling me. I even feel different after that. Im all depressed and worried something is going to happen. Maybe I was abducted by aliens and they brain washed me? I was so happy and excited before I went... :-s

2003KJ

Reaction score
was that running water down those rivets in those last couple of pics?

Yeah wheelin alone ***** big time...had a scary experience about a year ago in a jeep that wasn't even mine that I got stuck...will never wheel alone ever again.

and i've been caught in hail storms about that bad too...i've been in a couple with the jeep where it looks like it snowed there was so much on the ground...slightly bigger than marble size. Needless to say I made a b-line for the first gas station i saw and took cover...almost had a stroke seein that hail bounce off my jeep.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I'm going outdoors, i usually take one of my Motorola Talkabout walkie talkies in order to use the NOAA Weather Bands. They have worked great up in the Mogollon Rim where the summer monsoons roll in very very quickly. Nice pics, they look bigger on this page than LOST.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last two pictures kinda remind me of that seen in the movie "Jurasic Park". Where that fat guy (from Sienfeld) was trying to get off the island with the speciman filled shaving cream can....He crashed his Jeep and then got eaten by those little dinasours.....that was cool !!!!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
The last two pictures kinda remind me of that seen in the movie "Jurasic Park". Where that fat guy (from Sienfeld) was trying to get off the island with the speciman filled shaving cream can....He crashed his Jeep and then got eaten by those little dinasours.....that was cool !!!!

It actually does kinda look like that, doesnt it?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
jeepjeepster said:
Yea, thats water. In the 3rd pic up, the entire trail was basically water. :-s

LUCKY!!!!!!

Haha, the overall experience was fun. At the time I wasnt having to much fun though. Im just glad im not on the stock tires anymore, that could of ended bad. :-k