Grinding Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deknight

Reaction score
Whenever I go over a speed bump the front end makes a grinding noise. I am thinking it might just need to be lubed. Has anyone else had this problem? It is most noticeable when it's cold out or when I am just starting out in the morning.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(yeahthat)

Go down to your local hardware store and pick up some silicone lubricant (if you don't already have some in your garage) and spray all the bushings - swaybar (under the radiator on the front of the frame), control arms, anything that looks like its rubber. That'll take care of it until winter comes around ;)

Reaction score
i heard the sound yesterday and again this morning when i went down the dirve way. it happened when i went over a speed bump. it wasnt necessarily a grind sound but like a vibrating grind sound

deknight

Reaction score
(yeahthat)

Go down to your local hardware store and pick up some silicone lubricant (if you don't already have some in your garage) and spray all the bushings - swaybar (under the radiator on the front of the frame), control arms, anything that looks like its rubber. That'll take care of it until winter comes around ;)

Hey thanks i will try that.

Members online

No members online now.