Great Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I just bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited!!!!!!!

Being prep'd at the dealer ........... I pick it up Tomorrow!

* Dealership owner driven vehicle
* Mint Condition - minimal wrinkles in the driver's side leather seat
* 40K Miles
* Fully Loaded ......... "EVERY" option except the Navagation System
* Silver with the Off-White Leather / Black Dashboard
* Dealer added a Certified Pre-Owned Warranty - "Bumper-2-Bumper" to 80,000 Miles; not just the standard 3 month/3,000 Mile certification - good at any DC dealership! Wow!

Price = $13,500 - (not a salvaged vehicle)

Amazing story here (Almost too good to be true) ............ You guys know that I've been lookin' for a good deal for about 2 weeks. So, I must have driven to 30 Jeep dealerships in New England looking for a good bargain. Needless to say, I was disappointed as I must have run across at least 20 shady dealers.

Anyways, I called a dealer in New York about a week ago, inquiring about Liberty's ........... nobody ever calls me back. So I say to myself ........ "Hey! Screw 'em!" Then today, outta the blue, (while I'm at another dealer's showroom in Connecticut) ............ They call me back, and tell me that they have a couple Fully Loaded Limited's they'd like me to look at tomorrow; (Monday). I tell the guy that I can drive over, but it'll take me 1.5 hours to get there ......... which is a half hour after they close. I beg the guy to stay, 'cause he "says" he has exactly what I've been lookin' for. We're 100 miles apart.

I had forgotten that it was Sunday afternoon and everybody would be returning to the City, (New York) from their mini-vacations out of the city. I-95 and The Long Island Parkway was nearly bumper-to-bumber from the Bronx to Long Island ........... Meanwhile, I'm callin' the guy on my cell tellin' him that it really makes no sense for me to come down, 'cause by now, I'm stuck in traffic ....... and at this rate, I won't get there 'til 9PM .......... he calmly says, "Take your time" I know I'll be here. I call him every 20 minutes telling him where I am and how long I think it'll take me to get there, and he calmly tells me the same thing everytime. I started off at 3 and didn't get there 'til 6. Keep in mind, the dealership closed at 4.

I get there, and the guy's got 3 couples looking over vehicles .......... he's working deals with all 3. I introduce myself while he's at his desk with 1 couple. He says, you must be "So-&-So"; then reaches into his pocket and tosses me a set of keys. It's got a Jeep key, and a bunch of house keys. He then says that the car is parked around back .......... "Take it for a spin as long as you like!" Didn't ask for a Driver's Liscense or anything.

I got get in the car, and I can't believe it ........... it's got every option, and empeccably clean ......... I give the car the full shake-down; checking every single button, switch, lever, etc. Everything feels like it just rolled off the assembly line in Toledo ........ Trans, steering, four wheel drive ....... Everything!

I get back about 30 minutes later, and he's got 2 customers left. I wait another couple hours; knowing that this is the vehicle I wanna buy, and tryin' to figure out yet another strategy for getting a good deal. It take the guy another hour and a half to finish the deals with the other 2 couples.

So, he finally gets to me at about 8PM, and the suns goin' down. We sit down in his office, and the first thing that comes outta the guys mouth is: "Do you like the Jeep" I say "Yes!" Then he says, that it's his personal vehicle, that only he and occasionally his daughter drives. I'm thinking, "Yeah right! .......... Where have I heard that before?" Then he offers the price ........... Speechless, I'm thinkin' to myself, "What's the catch?"

Then he goes on to say, that because he was forced to wait on me for 3 hours, he got a chance to sell 5 Used Jeeps to customers that he wouldn't have seen had he locked the doors at 4PM when the Dealer closes on Sundays. And you know the dealer makes "AT LEAST" $2,000 on a used vehicle sale. (Cha'Ching!)

Of course, I accepted ..... didn't even make a counter offer! I ask the guy can I take the car tonight, cause it was so clean, it looked like it had already been prep'd ......... I'm payin' cash. He says no ......... cause he's gonna have the boys at the shop take care of it real nice when they prep it. Plus, he had to do the Inspection and correct anything potentially wrong in order to "Certify" the vehicle. He says, don't worry ......... the car has a clean Car-Fax & Title, and shows me. Gotta have a clean Car-Fax in order for DC to certify it.

We sign the papers, shake hands, and we start walking out the dealership together, and I'm helping him shut off the lights and lock the doors ........... then another couple pulls up and starts window shopping: (Cha'Ching!) ........ I left, and I don't know how that story ends. It's 9PM.

Oh, and for an added bonus ......... he's throwin' in a gas card!

After throwin' the certification, Gas, and extra TLC his boys are gonna give it ........... I know he didn't make a penny on that car ........ maybe $500? Lookin' at Kelly Blue book, the retail value is at $18,660.

Well, that's my story ......... I'll post pictures soon!

I'm out,
AnthologyCT

ps: I wonder if he drove "MY" car home?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
That's beyond wonderful news. I'm glad you're happy with your Jeep and got such a wonderful deal!

Although he probably drove your Jeep home, LOL

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got Good Karma all over you!!!! Good things come to people who wait....Right???

You should have played the lottery that day too!!!

Nice deal on a sweet ride!!!....... \:D/

BTW, my math is telling me you saved $5160.00 under blue book............You know what that means........Money For MODS!!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder which dealership, I hope it is fivestar, it really makes difference, beleive me.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Congrats on the deal!!

Says Detroit in your location. Where at in the D?
I'm confused about that too... he says Detroit but buys his Jeep in NY. Is there a Detroit, NY? LOL

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure.. He said
, I must have driven to 30 Jeep dealerships in New England looking for a good bargain.
and also he mentioned that he was hunting for one in CT..

Oh, and for an added bonus ......... he's throwin' in a gas card!

Ok, let's guess.. Westbury?

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it depends on how far out east on Long Island he went. He did say it took him 3 hours. Its not bayshore cause thats not off of the LIE...If he went far enough out it could very well have been Browns off of route 112 thats where i got mine...and they were awesome IMO

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answers to questions

Fellas,

I was born and reared in Detroit ................... gratuated from Edwin Denby High School.

Worked for DC right outta college ............. got laid off and got a job in Connecticut, (i.e., anthology"CT"). CT is in New England for those who don't know. I live in Greenwich ......... about 30 minutes from Manhattan.

I bought the Liberty from "Island Jeep" in Lyndenhurst, Long Island.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick question ............ My Jeep came with a 6 disk in-dash player. Does anyone know if it plays MP3 CDs?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Re: Answers to questions

AnthologyCT said:
Fellas,

I was born and reared in Detroit ................... gratuated from Edwin Denby High School.

Worked for DC right outta college ............. got laid off and got a job in Connecticut, (i.e., anthology"CT"). CT is in New England for those who don't know. I live in Greenwich ......... about 30 minutes from Manhattan.

I bought the Liberty from "Island Jeep" in Lyndenhurst, Long Island.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick question ............ My Jeep came with a 6 disk in-dash player. Does anyone know if it plays MP3 CDs?

Sweet, I don't feel alone anymore! And with that...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMBY!!!!!!
What class were you?

\:D/ lol3.gif Sorry, I just HAD to say that!!!!! That's not too far from me! Born on the west side, raised on the east.

I don't THINK it can play mp3 CDs, give it a try. Worst thing it'll do is kick an error message.