Grease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Welsh Dragon

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy Jeep been a while mate....

I presume your greasing suspension bushes etc? Are you by any chance experiencing noise on bumps or is it simply general maintenance. I get a suqeek as rear suspension compresses then another as it lifts back up to ride height hoping its bushes not shocks i'll try greasing them see what happens.

I need 4 TYRES the stock wrangler NT have lasted 25000 miles which is nothing to everyone stateside and beyond as they seem to get twice this (I think due to different driving conditions and roads over here 25 thou is very good) I'm tempted to get wranglers again - the road ones (NT) and all terain (ATR) versions cost the same - still undecided tho.....how do the ATRs fair on the road with regards to noise MPG wear etc.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If by wranglers you mean the stock tires, PLEASE DONT.

Shop around alittle before you buy a tire. You will see that the stock tires suck very bad.

Tirerack.com is a great place to check out reviews.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Welshdragon are you running 16"'s or 17"'s ? Ive got stock Goodyear wranglers(not sra's) on my 17"'s and have had no problems they are designed more for road use than off road though. And on my 16"'s ive got some goodyear atr's which have been great off road and throughout winter,there is a little more road noise but nothing too bad i notice it slightly but her indoors says she cant,mpg not much difference really maybe 1mpg difference.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33889 pics of tyres atr's

Last edited:

Welsh Dragon

Reaction score
Didn't mean to turn this into a tyre thread but here goes...

Looked on tyrerack: since it's personal opinions it's a bit of a mixed bag really.
Goodyear Wrangler HP came out at 10/10 these are fitted as stock on UK Jeeps(NOT THE SR-As). Mine are almost down to the wear marks but don't slide or skid at all and if they were going to they would up here in WET WALES.Anohter favorite seem to be the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos.

I'm looking for a set for all seasons an all rounder really 16" that will be happy with everyday driving on the black stuff and offroad.

Leaning towards Wrangler ATRs lowest price i've found locally is £76 opposed to the heighest @ £110 what a difference!

Last edited: