gravel pit!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm someone please delete this post, you are TRESPASSING on private land making every wheeler look bad.please make sure you have permission to go onto the land before entering. this is a big liability issue on the owner of that land + as i said it makes us look bad as a group.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry. i deleted what i wrote.. i dont know how to completely delete the whole thing...

No worries. Don't let this thread scare you away from the forum. It's a great group of guys. However, whenever you go wheeling, just keep in mind the amount of people who love to shut everywhere down to OHV travel of any kind. I can assure that with some planning (and driving, but hey, thats the point anyways, right?), you can find perfectly legal and much more entertaining areas to wheel in. In the meantime, I would recommend these websites. I'm assuming that you are younger based on your post and don't assume that I am some grumpy old guy out to lecture people since I am only 18 years old. I have just learned over time how important this is to the sport.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

http://www.sharetrails.org/

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet gravel pit, dont the that idiot heckle you, drive where you want, its your truck and your ___ that'll get sued.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet gravel pit, dont the that idiot heckle you, drive where you want, its your truck and your ___ that'll get sued.
exactly, I couldn't begin to count the number of places that I've "trespassed" onto to go wheelin'. Half the fun of it is trying not to get caught! Don't get me wrong, I"m not talking about tearing through someone's private property and making a big mess. Most of the places I've been are power line trails or new neighborhoods that are being developed, so most of the time no one even knew that I was there.:D

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly, I couldn't begin to count the number of places that I've "trespassed" onto to go wheelin'. Half the fun of it is trying not to get caught! Don't get me wrong, I"m not talking about tearing through someone's private property and making a big mess. Most of the places I've been are power line trails or new neighborhoods that are being developed, so most of the time no one even knew that I was there.:D

great thanks for calling me a idiot everyone:(.i wasn't trying to be a ass just stating a fact. Im all for forwarding the sport this is just not the way to do it. its a big problem around me and every cop stares at you if your truck is just a little dirty and thinks your part of the problem. alot of the illegal wheelin spots around me now have video cameras on them now to prevent people from tresspassing. the land owners got sick of people tresspassing on thier land. i travel 4 hours one way just to get to a ORP so i dont illegaly go onto someones land. ohh and by the way its not his ass that will get sued its the land owners by him if something did happen.

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great thanks for calling me a idiot everyone:).i wasn't trying to be a ass just stating a fact. Im all for forwarding the sport this is just not the way to do it. its a big problem around me and every cop stares at you if your truck is just a little dirty and thinks your part of the problem. alot of the illegal wheelin spots around me now have video cameras on them now to prevent people from tresspassing. the land owners got sick of people tresspassing on thier land. i travel 4 hours one way just to get to a ORP so i dont illegaly go onto someones land. ohh and by the way its not his ass that will get sued its the land owners by him if something did happen.

I'm agreeing with andySRT here. Good job to the previous posts at making us all look like a bunch of irresponsible idiots. There is another thread bashing the posts over on JU, while these last few hold the same amount, if not less, worth in them. All it takes is one environmentalist with a video camera or enough complaints to law enforcement to shut down an area for good. I know, becuase I've seen it time and time again. However, I guess that's just not as cool to you guys. I did some research into the ARS stautes to find out how Arizona views trespassing. I'd suggest you guys read it (of course, you obviously ignored my previous links, so I'm guessing you'll have the ignorance to do the same here).

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/01504.htm

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/01503.htm

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/01502.htm

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AndySRT/desertkj...

You both are 100% correct. If the only place the guys above had to wheel in are a gravel pit and new home construction, I'd sell my Jeep's. Obviously they do not respect private property and by their posts, know nothing about wheeling or Tread Lightly....

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you gotta remember, I live in Alabama.....there IS nowhere to go wheeling "legally" here. As for most of my "wheeling" experience, that was several years ago when I was a teenager and thought slinging mud all over the place was just the coolest thing ever, so that's where the new home construction came in handy...lots of free mud. Power line trails are the best bet for free fun around here, no one cares if you go and there are plenty of them around. So, in other areas this is probably a much bigger deal, but here in redneckville it's pretty much free range..... within reason.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I think the guy learned his lesson from everybody's, professional, and law-abiding, point of view....

Now let's get back on the topic....and post pics 4-wheelin' on your privately owned gravel pit, conveniently located in your backyard.

Carry on.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with andySRT here. Good job to the previous posts at making us all look like a bunch of irresponsible idiots. There is another thread bashing the posts over on JU, while these last few hold the same amount, if not less, worth in them. All it takes is one environmentalist with a video camera or enough complaints to law enforcement to shut down an area for good. I know, becuase I've seen it time and time again. However, I guess that's just not as cool to you guys. I did some research into the ARS stautes to find out how Arizona views trespassing. I'd suggest you guys read it (of course, you obviously ignored my previous links, so I'm guessing you'll have the ignorance to do the same here).

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/01504.htm

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/01503.htm

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/01502.htm

you make me laugh, silly boys:^o same with mr "tread lightly" we're talking about a kid whos wheeling in a #$%^#%^# gravel pit, and I tend to wheel down train tracks, or power line roads when im not 4 hours away paying to crawl through some shit park. This isnt the desert, with protected species or anything,nor are we cruisin through some state park, so lighten up. Next time i'm down your way, i'll be sure to swing a donut or two on yr front lawn.....(just to test out the ARB "before i sell my jeep" ) ....old people shouldnt own jeeps

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you make me laugh, silly boys:^o same with mr "tread lightly" we're talking about a kid whos wheeling in a #$%^#%^# gravel pit, and I tend to wheel down train tracks, or power line roads when im not 4 hours away paying to crawl through some shit park. This isnt the desert, with protected species or anything,nor are we cruisin through some state park, so lighten up. Next time i'm down your way, i'll be sure to swing a donut or two on yr front lawn.....(just to test out the ARB "before i sell my jeep" ) ....old people shouldnt own jeeps

Well....I knew this thread was close to getting locked, but I'm gonna say you dealt the final blow since you didnt think before you posted. For one, I'm 18 (which probably almost guarantees that I'm younger than you). And the funny thing is, that, in reality, you are the one that shouldn't be allowed to own a Jeep. That "#$%^#%^# gravel pit" is private property that isn't owned by you, so stay off it. Also, protected species have almost nothing to do with this at all. It is simply areas getting trashed by people four wheeling where they aren't supposed to that is responsible for a lot of the closures out here. Post this crap with any of the local clubs and I guarantee my lectures will look like a walk in the park.

Oh, and would you care to explain how swinging a donut would test out an ARB? You may want to do some research on what exactly an ARB is (unless you are getting an air locker, but somehow I'm assuming that you are not).

Last edited:

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

im not exactly old either 23. just seeing posts like this shows you dont care nor do you have any respect for anyones or any sort land is exactly what enviromentalists are looking for. you wonder why we have to fight to keep moab and other amazing trails open. it may not be the desert but it still isnt your land to go and play on and it makes the whole group look bad like we dont care a thing about the land.

Last edited:

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geez, I had really better think before posting.....well you're both young little whiney kids. congrats. and ya, im talking my air locker smarty. also, it's spelled environmentalist, and I doubt they're stalking out our jeep sites looking to see who (gasp) DROVE THROUGH A GRAVEL PIT! Now, I also said NOTHING about ruining moab, state parks, protected land etc. did I? Furthermore, who are you other then some 18 year that is lecturing anybody, you've barely had your license. Another thing, why would a bumper help me do a donut(I assume you read that ARB comment and instantly thought "wow, I'm gonna burn this guy) You little kids should worry about, I dont know, girls or sports and leave the laws and politics to the grown ups. I stuck up for some guy in a gravel pit, nothing more. You decided to make a bit thing about it. Go ahead, lock it, nothing more has to be said. As someone chimed in "boy this went down hill quick" Post the pics of the gravel pit already. I'm sure the environmentalists here would like to see 'em.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.