Got OME lifted BUT.. (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a second hand OEM lift from another KJ owner and had it fitted this morning.

You must be registered for see images

Fitting was smooth and I can see a difference but when I went in for an alingment, the shop told me that the front part of the suspention was busted!SHOCKED.gif :eek:
](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

and the 2Hz was not good at all.

When came the rear which was a little bit better

The shop had state of the art laser equipment but the guy was not sure that the numbers were 100% correct since this was a lifted rig as he said, so I'll be getting a second opinion very soon.

What do you guys think? Should I be asking my money back? Is ithis suspention safe to ride? Who could give me a sound result?

And on top of that I discovered some rubbing in the front sad2.gifcryinghard.gif

My tires are 255/65 R16 would spacers work? What size should I use?

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we need to know exactly what they are telling you is broken. Could be a worn out lower ball joint or something like that that is a wear item, not related to lift parts before we can make suggestions to going back on parts seller.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the rubbing at full lock??? If so, there are a lot of us with the rubbing at full lock, just try to avoid sharp sharp turns unless necesary

my $.02

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little rubbing at full lock is normal. some mechanics that dont work with lifted trucks say that the liberty cant be aligned lifted. But it can get pretty good. Using JBA or RRO A arms it will bring it into a much better alignment

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say something is wrong or the LCA/UCA is pushed way in
we were fitting 255/70's and 245/75's on OE wheels with 30K+ miles
all we had was the OME med. coils
we had very very little rub at extreme full lock
but you had to hold it at full lock to find it

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank for the support guys!

Boy was I REALLY worried!
I will try another shop for sure and will let you know what happens!

The rubbing is at full lock on the sway bar. You can see the exact spot were it rubs on the second photo. It's the only clean part on my jeep at the moment!

JBA A arms are on my wish list..but that will take a while.

I think some hubcentric spacers will do the trick but I don't know how wide I should go. Is there a way to tell?

I was thinking..If the lift gave me 1 1/2 inch would going to a 1 1/2 spacer counter the wheel movement and eliminate the rubbing effect?

Here are a couple of extra shots!

Last edited:

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are they measuring?
a Hz is a cycle per second
they say a 15/16 to 1 is good, but a 13/14 to 2 is bad???

are they inputting a vibration i.e. bouncing the Jeep and measuring how well it's damping?

if so - they are saying the front struts are worn out

but I've never seen that measurement before

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with the others in not knowing what the hz is on the suspension (maybe how much vibration is in the tire as it is rolling?)
Front part of suspension could mean a lot of different things to a lot of people but it may be a ball joint which isn't very hard to check yourself (there is a how-to to check yourself on the forum).

Did the person at the shop tell you what they thought it was? If not and you can't figure it out yourself try a shop or a friend who is proficient in suspensions and do NOT start off the conversation with "Malaka!" or "Poosti! My car..." Strangers get mad when you call em that in your area ;)