Got my ome lift on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my lift on!! Went great other than me killing one of the nuts that holds the upper ball joint, dealership had some extras. Heres the pics!

During:
You must be registered for see images attach

I was afriad of the cv angles after the lift. But they are actually better after the lift than before. They were angled up more than they are angled down now. PERFECT!

Before:

After:

I can get some more before and afters if anyone wants them

Amount of lift I recieved.

Front left Fender:1.1in
Front right fender:1.1in
Right rear fender:2.32in
left rear fender: 2.25in
Hitch: 2.63in
Front skid:1.5in
Dont know how i got more lift at the skid than i did at the fender? Must of measured something wrong.

Couple off road pics.
Just went to see how the flex is. Hope you all like pictures.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Those pictures are great, because it can help people do their own lifts.

Looks awesome!!

Bennett

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, people really do not understand how easy it is to do a lift. Eddo actually kind of talked me through it by giving me all the socket sizes and things. All the tools i used was: 21mm deep well socket, 10mm socket, 18mm socket, 13mm socket, hammer, flat head screw drive and a crescent wrench. for the rear all you need is 18mm and 15mm for the shocks. All you do on the rear is take the shocks off and the springs come right out after supporting the jeep by the frame. The new spring was alittle hard to get in b/c i was by myself. Ive heard of people standing on the rear rotor to make the axle drop down enough and then stick the spring in, but i used the jack from the jeep which was probably not a good idea b/c it looked like it wanted to fly out and hit me in the head, so i dont recommend doing that. Get someone to bounce on the rotor while you try to get the spring in there, be careful and dont get your finger stuck in there though. The front is alittle harder. You have to take the battery out and the battery tray along with the air box to get to the bolts holding the coil over in. unhook the sway bar by take the sway bar links out, its best to do this while the weight of the jeep in on it. take the tire off and the bolt holding the upper ball joint on, take the hammer and hit the spindle around the ball joint and after a couple if good hits it should come off. Take the bolt out of the clevis holding it onto the lower A arm, then take the 4 bolts off the top is the coil over in the engine compartment. Loosen the bolt holding the spring onto the clevis and use the flat head screw drive to pry the clamp apart, should come right out after that. I dont think i left anything out. Put it all back together in the reverse order. I love doing it, first big thing ive done with my jeep besides skids and things like that. Enjoy and be sure you put the right nuts on the right bolts unlike me. ](*,)

oh, yea those are 17in rims. im wanting to get a bigger tire b/c im afriad they are going to get scratched alot with those little tires. they seem to be good tires though.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I personally don't see how in the world you got to the shock tower nuts in the engine compartment. There's no room to get in there.

Or is there some secret I know nothing about? The only way I can see doing this is with a socket extension..... a really LONG socket extension.

For the sake of clarification...

I tried with my little socket wrench. There was not enough leverage to turn the bolt... or I'm just not strong enough. Doing the lift is actually easy, I'll admit that. =P~

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, i used a 1/2 ratchet, but i couldnt find the 1/2in extension, so i found a reducer to 3/8in and i had a 6in 3/8in extension. After i got everything out, including the cruise control, it was really easy to get to everything. heres a pic before i got the cruise out.

Ive got man arms, u must have girl arms. lol jk.

After i got the 2 bolts off in that pic, i used an 18mm deep wheel socket with no extension to get to the other 2 bolts that are still on in that pic. its amazing how much room that air box takes up. I would love to get a cold air intake, just b/c it looks cool and i would have alot more room. Maybe for an air compressor or something like that.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I considered the 6" extension a "tool". That's why I wondered.... as a matter of fact, the KJ is a tool in itself. :) So is a fork, lol.

Ah, so that's the cruise control. Good info to know.

Thanks.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohh, and i forgot to say, the other side was a killer. Isnt as open as that side, i couldnt get the battery tray all the way out b/c it has a sensor in the tray? and the fuse box was in the way. Much harder than the passenger side.

JeepnJer

Reaction score
Great Pics!

Jeepjeepster... Congrats on your lift. Those are great pics! And thx for taking the time to write down additional tips and tool info. I'm gonna make a call next week and see about ordering the OME. Great wheelin' pics too. I like your mud flaps. Are those Jeep/Mopar, or an after-market brand?

Thanks!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think those are called the deluxe molded mud flaps by mopar. $40 for the rear and $40 for the front. I like them and they dont seem to get caught much off road. They are kind of short and sporty. They do pack snow and mud, but help to keep rocks off the sides.

Put your year in there and they are under "shop other jeep accessories."

http://www.mopar.com/MoparController?action=redirect&brand=jeep&appname=accessories

JeepnJer

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the link to the Mopar accessories. They exclude the molded mud flaps from use on the Renegade. I think they'd fit on the rear okay, but that additional plastic molding along the bottom under the doors is in the way for the front one. I'll check out the hard rubber ones with the Jeep logo.

First things first... gotta get lifted.

Later

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME926 OME COIL SPRING KJ FRONT MEDIUM

OME948 OME COIL SPRING KJ REAR MEDIUM, if you order this from quinn he will call it the HD spring. The set-up i have is for towing, it does sit up about 1.5-2in more in the rear than the front. Looks alittle weird depending on how i park. I wish I had the HD front spring, but im going to do a small clevis lift when i get around to it.

N132 OME NITROCHARGER SHOCKS JEEP KJ REAR

NS131 OME NITROCHARGER SHOCKS FRONT HEAVY DUTY JEEP KJ

Love the ride with this set up, the rear shocks do make some noise, ive yet to find out why.

Edit: Did you get the hd front springs? Looks like you have alot more lift in the front than i do. I wish anything i would have done a clevis lift before the alignment. Im not going to pay for another one though, and i really dont have the time either.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no medium dutys at the front

light at the rear

i got 2 1/2 inches at the front,

we will see how it goes when i put the rancho front strut in

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How the heck did you get 2.5in? I barely got 1.5in. I thinking about do the clevis lift tomorrow, but i dont know if i will. Have you measured after the lift has been on awhile? I lost .5in in the rear after about a week. The front was already broken in when i put it on.

JNJ-Z

Reaction score
HI JEEPJEEPSTER!
YOUR JEEP LOOKS GOOD! IM A NEW MEMBER AND I HAVE AN 05' LIBERTY,SAME COLOR AS YOURS BUT MINES A SPORT.I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD TELL ME WHERE YOU ORDER YOUR PARTS FROM?AND MAYBE A PHONE NUMBER.ALSO I SEE ALL THE TOOLS YOU USED BUT DIDNT SEE THAT YOU USED A SPRING COMPRESSER' SO DID THE FRONT COME AS A ASSEMBLY? OR DID YOU PUT THE SPRINGS AND STRUTS TOGETHER YOURSELF? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

JNJ-Z

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JNJ-Z said:
HI JEEPJEEPSTER!
YOUR JEEP LOOKS GOOD! IM A NEW MEMBER AND I HAVE AN 05' LIBERTY,SAME COLOR AS YOURS BUT MINES A SPORT.I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD TELL ME WHERE YOU ORDER YOUR PARTS FROM?AND MAYBE A PHONE NUMBER.ALSO I SEE ALL THE TOOLS YOU USED BUT DIDNT SEE THAT YOU USED A SPRING COMPRESSER' SO DID THE FRONT COME AS A ASSEMBLY? OR DID YOU PUT THE SPRINGS AND STRUTS TOGETHER YOURSELF? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

JNJ-Z

Check your pm's.