Got my liberty for the day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i have done some serious looking into liberties these last few weeks, i found one with higher kms, looked ok but after driving the thing, i found out it was abused. It has some ****** issues with it, it shifts VERY rough from drive to reverse or vise versa and slams down into gear hard when coming to a stop. I know they dont usually because its not the first one i have test drove one. But either way, i have it for the day so i had a bit of fun with it and i will deffinatly be buying one of these vehicles.

BTW i had the 02 pre-lowered liberty sport. Very fun experience, i was just finding these little trails at the side of the road and riding around in them then did a little poser shot:

Not a great shot but the best i could find at the time:
You must be registered for see images

Random shots:

With the car im selling:

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep driving them until you find one that was not abused and that you really like.....hehe

In the meantime have fun with that borrowed one.

Dave

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*sigh* i wish the insurance was cheaper for these things, it an extra $1800 to get the liberty insured over my beretta.

Also does the sport have cheaper insurance then the limited?

Last edited:

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh come on... i know somebody on here must know this, since i know some have went from a sport to a limited or vise versa

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that is the nature of the 45rfe ******. Mine doesn't exactly up/downshift very smoothly either, but the thing is a beast and its awesome!! :cool:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many things that affect insurance cost. Your age and driving record. What rating territory or the city you live in/value of the vehicle for comp and collision coverages, etc etc so it's hard to say or to answer your question. There are annual and 6 month policies. $1,800 seems like a lot though. If a Ltd costs more than a sport then the comp and coll premiums would be more.

Go to several Independant Agents and get quotes and ask questions and compare. Different Insurance Companies have different rates. They can explain it to you and you won't have to post a bunch of personal information.

Dave

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yes, the Limited and even Renegade versions are in higher insurance brackets. At least that's the way it is in the US. The Sport has cheaper insurance. IMO, the Liberty has ridiculously cheap insurance, but remember, you've got differences between countries / state / provinces... there's so many variables in the insurance industry that it's just mind boggling.

Anyway, no the 45RFE / 545RFE is not smooth at all.

RamSport47

Reaction score
my '06 Sport actually is less expensive to insure than my '05 Neon, and I moved to the inner city when I got the Liberty. I was pleasantly surprised by my drop in rates. I would think the only reason the Limited would be at a higher rate than a Sport is the fact that the MSRP is higher

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i wish the liberty was cheaper to insure then my current car but im going from $89 a month to $310 when i buy a liberty :(

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i wish the liberty was cheaper to insure then my current car but im going from $89 a month to $310 when i buy a liberty :(
Mine was that way when I first got insurance on my own and not with my parents, I went from $100/month to $300/month....is that what you're doing? That's a BIG jump for it just to be the type of vehicle, there must be something else that has affected it. My '06 KJ Sport is cheaper than my '04 Ford Ranger 4X4 was, and the KJ is 2 years newer with a higher sticker price.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not, im in my own with both. But liberty is going to cost me an extra $1400. Lovely bc with no private insurance companies, u have to go through the government insurance one way or another

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brand new liberty is actually cheaper for me than my '99 Grand Prix GT or my wife's '05 G6 (base model). It's only about $90 a month. Check around, $300 a month seems like a lot, but keep in mind insurance is always different, person-to-person.

I am 26 with a perfectly clean record. I have two cars (actually, three at the moment) with my insurer, not to mention a house. I also have been with them since i was 16, so I have a 10 year history. That's why I get decent rates.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
My sister wishes her insurance payment was $90/mo.... it's a whole $207 (after the recent drop), and she's a bit older than you. Stupid Detroit... plus she drives a Renegade... that doesn't help.

Latest posts

Members online