Gonna be a fun ride home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard the base in New Haven was going to close down for the day. It just started a little while ago here on south shore Long Island. Doesn't look anything like THAT though...

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealous that NY is getting it now and not NY...we just got wet snow last night... my home town in LI is getting it nice, makes me worried for my dad on the LIE in his Miata.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TruLiberty - I wouldn't want to drive a Miata on a warm sunny day on the LIE. I'm sure he'll be fine.

We've gotten another inch just about since I took that picture. It's falling fast here. (woot)

drawnon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Robsama, do you mean the flats near that girls school?
i live a couple of miles up the road. yes it was very fun driving home today.:D

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it snows I have to go to work at 3am none of the roads are plowed and no other cars I love it. I did see a police car on the road a few days ago but he just pulled over for me and let me go, Sad part is when I go home the roads are plowed and salted and it feels like it takes longer to go home

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was SO FUN! We ended up with about 6 inches on the road when I was driving home. Saw a few vehicles WAY off the side of the road. So far that even if I had tow straps I don't think I'd be able to help. A few cars that I would have easily been able to pull out. I really wish I had straps so I could have helped people yesterday.

Drawnon - Girls school? Not sure where you are referring to. I'm talking about Cooks Farm (Co-Ag Farm Co-op) in Wallingford.

And hell yeah I did donuts. Several of them. Since I'm in IT I'm always one of the last people to leave (if there's people working they will break **** and I gotta fix it) so the lot was nearly empty. And it's a BIG lot with no islands, curbs, or light posts. Nice and open. Sorry, no pics. It was still snowing pretty bad and getting dark so they wouldn't have come out good. I'll see if I can find a snow bank or two to drive up and snap a few.