General overall maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wkeithk

Reaction score
06 KJ - Long story on how I got it, never had a Jeep before but I love this thing.
It was a one owner but I would say not the best maintained. I had the engine flushed and oil changed. It is now time for another oil change which I can handle. Would someone be able to tell me what else I should do? I have no owner's manual, trying to find one on ebay. Also, I have no idea how many and location of grease zirks. Last should I just take it to oil change place?

Thanks...This is why I support these forums - Everyone is so great.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No zerks or anything to grease on a stock KJ. I'd start changing all the other fluids too.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on it currently? Double check in the glove box for the manual. I made the mistake of not looking a little harder and it was sitting right there in it's own slot.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the service manual is here:
Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Welcome, btw ;)

Change it yourself, it's not difficult. Then you know what you're getting, how the old oil looks, etc. Change the PCV valve (on the left side of the oil fill) and the spark plugs. Don't get sucked in by advertising, plain ol' copper cores are what works best. Either the NGKs it came with (part number is under the hood) or Champions.

When you change the plugs, put dielectric grease in the boot - these are coil on plug. One 10mm bolt, then gently pry to pop it up and off.

06 NC Limited

Reaction score
Yes Copper every 30k and gap and torque them. The PCV twists off, it does not pull off. Use a good quality oil and filter. Serp belt is easy to change get a Mopar or Goodyear Gatorback on ebay[they r cheap]And a can of Techron every oil change.

Wkeithk

Reaction score
Thanks All - Oil & Filter changed, will start the rest of the fluids tomorrow. 69K miles. Downloaded Owner;s Manual. Now going to look for service manual.

NineFingerFury

Reaction score
Thanks All - Oil & Filter changed, will start the rest of the fluids tomorrow. 69K miles. Downloaded Owner;s Manual. Now going to look for service manual.

Let me know if you find one. I can't find one out there for under $200-300.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing for an '07 on the Service Manuals? :(

(Or am I just blind?) ;)