General Grabber AT2 3-day Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
Ok so I've seen lots of people talking about these tires good and bad and figured I would get on here and talk about my experience with them.

So Friday I drove up to NY to my buddies shop where they were waiting for me in a stack by the front door. SUCH A PRETTY SIGHT.

You must be registered for see images

I immediately took one down and rolled it over to my truck to see how much visibly bigger it would be.

Super riffic! and we go to town installing them.

Thats my buddy who got the tires for me and helped me install them. Great guy, STS in Riverhead, NY, ask for Vic, he loves working on Jeeps!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Other side.

Head on with Vic's(my mech buddy) Titan in the background

So my stocker tires were 215/75R16s and the size grabbers i got are 245/70R16s. Not as high as the 75's but gets the width and some aggressiveness and I don't rub at all. They fit like a glove and look perfect (IMHO), only rub very minorly at full tilt but the stocks were doing that too.

Sadly I don't notice the height difference sitting in it, but what can you ask for with .75" more under your ****, hard to tell that (the tires themselves are 1.5" bigger in diameter than the stocks, you obviously only get half that added to your height). You can however tell that they are better handling wise. It's disgustingly **** to me, hearing the rubber peeling off the pavement as I drive and turn. They grip REALLY well...I wasn't able to skid on dry pavement (although I admit didn't try too too hard). I especially love the noise. With quite deep knobs and an aggressive look I figured there'd be some decent highway mumble...but theres NOTHING. maybe <5dB of audible difference...that said at slower speeds <30mph you can definitely hear them louder but its not bothersome (10-20dB maybe).

So off I go for home, the drive to VA in the heat and middle of the day, a long 9 hour trek (usually takes 6 but i was tired, napped and lots of traffic), all the while enjoying my new tires. Extended highway performance is great, even had a near accident or 2, they handle high speed course correction and speed adjustments quite well. Actually had to hit the brakes hard at one point at the toll booth after the Delaware bridge and the woman behind me got rear ended cause we were stopping so fast and someone wasn't paying attention, but not me, I didn't lose grip. Like suction cups to the road baby.

So with my truck full, I decide to fill it more with groceries and of course, after I fill my cart to the brim, it starts to downpour. I get excited tho, get to test them in the rain! Get the truck loaded up, and take off in the parking lot, giving it more gas than I need. No loss of traction, and no skidding sideways at any point on the way home (again I didn't really go all out but I didn't need to, it was a slick downpour on starving ground, if they were going to slip they would have). A+ for that performance.

I really am having a love affair with these tires. I smile every time I walk outside and see them there, smiling back at me. Will update in a few weeks with their off-road capabilities (unfortunately I couldn't get on the beach because I don't have a dang sticker and wasn't about to pay 200 bucks to use it once.)
How are these on wet pavement, heavy rain?
Ok so I've seen lots of people talking about these tires good and bad and figured I would get on here and talk about my experience with them.

So Friday I drove up to NY to my buddies shop where they were waiting for me in a stack by the front door. SUCH A PRETTY SIGHT.

I immediately took one down and rolled it over to my truck to see how much visibly bigger it would be.

Super riffic! and we go to town installing them.

Thats my buddy who got the tires for me and helped me install them. Great guy, STS in Riverhead, NY, ask for Vic, he loves working on Jeeps!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Other side.

Head on with Vic's(my mech buddy) Titan in the background

So my stocker tires were 215/75R16s and the size grabbers i got are 245/70R16s. Not as high as the 75's but gets the width and some aggressiveness and I don't rub at all. They fit like a glove and look perfect (IMHO), only rub very minorly at full tilt but the stocks were doing that too.

Sadly I don't notice the height difference sitting in it, but what can you ask for with .75" more under your ****, hard to tell that (the tires themselves are 1.5" bigger in diameter than the stocks, you obviously only get half that added to your height). You can however tell that they are better handling wise. It's disgustingly **** to me, hearing the rubber peeling off the pavement as I drive and turn. They grip REALLY well...I wasn't able to skid on dry pavement (although I admit didn't try too too hard). I especially love the noise. With quite deep knobs and an aggressive look I figured there'd be some decent highway mumble...but theres NOTHING. maybe <5dB of audible difference...that said at slower speeds <30mph you can definitely hear them louder but its not bothersome (10-20dB maybe).

So off I go for home, the drive to VA in the heat and middle of the day, a long 9 hour trek (usually takes 6 but i was tired, napped and lots of traffic), all the while enjoying my new tires. Extended highway performance is great, even had a near accident or 2, they handle high speed course correction and speed adjustments quite well. Actually had to hit the brakes hard at one point at the toll booth after the Delaware bridge and the woman behind me got rear ended cause we were stopping so fast and someone wasn't paying attention, but not me, I didn't lose grip. Like suction cups to the road baby.

So with my truck full, I decide to fill it more with groceries and of course, after I fill my cart to the brim, it starts to downpour. I get excited tho, get to test them in the rain! Get the truck loaded up, and take off in the parking lot, giving it more gas than I need. No loss of traction, and no skidding sideways at any point on the way home (again I didn't really go all out but I didn't need to, it was a slick downpour on starving ground, if they were going to slip they would have). A+ for that performance.

I really am having a love affair with these tires. I smile every time I walk outside and see them there, smiling back at me. Will update in a few weeks with their off-road capabilities (unfortunately I couldn't get on the beach because I don't have a dang sticker and wasn't about to pay 200 bucks to use it once.)
How are they in heavy rain?

Latest posts

Members online