General advices required

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was seriously thinking to go up to 6in of lift but I found a post from a guy (he will recognize himself if he reads this but it wouldn't be right to give his name without his agreement) who was wheeling with the JBA 6in for a while and now goes SFA because he has encountered too much problem with the 6in lift.
So I made my mind up and I am going to stay with 31" tyres but I am still trying to improve suspension travel if I can.

I have OME 132L shocks with OME 948 springs + 2 extra upper isolators and the JBA 4in Y Link fitted above the diff. I am thinking of replacing my rear OME springs by the 4in JBA red springs.
If someone has done that already could you please tell me if there is a little gain in suspension travel with the JBA springs? I am not too bothered about lifting the Jeep higher anymore as the centre of gravity must stay as low as possible but for off roading a gain in flex would be beneficial. Also would the OME132L shocks be long enough or do I have to replace them too? If that's the case by which model of shocks?

Another thing that I intend to do is regearing to 4.10 and fitting an ARB Locker.
I know in an ideal world I should fit a locker in the front and the rear but at the moment I cannot afford both so I was planning to fit the Locker in the rear diff.
Am I right? Has anyone else been through this kind of dilemma before and decided to fit only one locker in the front?

Also where on the KJ would you guys fit the ARB Air Compressor? I am planning to buy the CKMA12 and my KJ is a CRD.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Chris