GeekFisher '03 Liberty Sport 3.7 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

As earlier stated, I bought the Jeep to go on fishing and hunting trips.

I planned on doing some enhancements it

• Change tires
  • Change head unit
  • Add CB
  • Rocker replacement and some rust spot correction
  • Roof rack
  • Fog on high beam mod

For the tires, I settled on BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 in 235/70R/16, just a tad larger/higher than stock 215/75/R16. I like them so far, they are great in snow and not bad in icy condition as long as you are soft on the pedal. Also gas mileage did not seem to suffer much and ride comfort is exactly the same.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also bought an Android "double-DIN" unit which is great but I had lots of triming to do to make it fit both the dash and the Metra kit. I finally painted it silver as I thought the Jeep interior was a bit too dark.

I finally painted the plastic silver and it's not that bad. I have yet to receive the OBD-II Bluetooth and the flushmount USB ports.

I received the Cobra 19 DX IV CB I ordered but have yet to receive the 36" antenna to match it.

I also end up painting steering plastic and shifter surrounding trim. The steering is nice but the shifter trim not much:

It's going to the paintshop this week-end for the rockerpanels and another spot close to the third brake light.

I had the P0725 a few times but cleaned contacts and so far so good, drove it for a week and went great.

Also, every so often I do have a burn plastic smell from driver side underhood, is it possible that some wiring went lose and is touching hot parts ?

Another question, I'd like to change my backwindow brake light for a led one to be seen when doing wood road in dry weather (which generate LOTS of dust) which bulb do I need ?

Thanks,

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, another question, I have some center caps missing, would like to replace them. Any places to find these cheap ? Are they all the same for aluminum wheels ?

I already tried junkyard and they had not even a single KJ !

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Some old pictures I had that I thought would give you an idea. (I have the limited trim and the silver looks nice. Good luck finding those in a junk yard though)

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This wasn't today but cleaned her up. Pulled all the seats and trim out a week ago so the interior is looking brand new still. Not going to lie, probably the cleanest interiors of a kj I've ever seen is mine.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the first pic is ?

Nice looking jeep, love the smoked tail lights.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Some old pictures I had that I thought would give you an idea. (I have the limited trim and the silver looks nice. Good luck finding those in a junk yard though)

Is the dual socket custom or the Limited trim came with dual front 12v power outlet ?

I'm asking because I do have a flushmount usb on the way to make the installation cleaner. I actually run the dual head unit usb ports from under the dash plastic so they're usable. but they sits in front of the shifter.

I'll need to drill the cubby box to make this mod :)

My interior is clean, but definitely not as clean as yours.

I need to add carpets though if I want it to stay clean.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the dual socket custom or the Limited trim came with dual front 12v power outlet ?

I'm asking because I do have a flushmount usb on the way to make the installation cleaner. I actually run the dual head unit usb ports from under the dash plastic so they're usable. but they sits in front of the shifter.

I'll need to drill the cubby box to make this mod :)

My interior is clean, but definitely not as clean as yours.

I need to add carpets though if I want it to stay clean.

They did not come with them. I added both. The first picture is a dual USB port in the center console

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did not come with them. I added both. The first picture is a dual USB port in the center console

It seems like it needs cubby box modification am I right ?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your setup, how you did it ? ;)

Long process. The whole interior has been out. It's been deep deep cleaned and I've cleaned it every day since then. I'll have to take some day shots of the interior.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long process. The whole interior has been out. It's been deep deep cleaned and I've cleaned it every day since then. I'll have to take some day shots of the interior. Basically I removed the cigarette lighter, added in that dual USB port. Spliced in the cigarette lighter in the back, go a car charger plugged my phone cable into it, ran the cable behind the dash to the defrost vent to my phone mount on my window. Clean, can't see any wires

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I more specifically meant the dual socket plastic in the cubby, for the rest of the interior, it's been cleaned for the usage I'll do it's more than enough.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I more specifically meant the dual socket plastic in the cubby, for the rest of the interior, it's been cleaned for the usage I'll do it's more than enough.

Same thing pretty much. Spliced into the dual USB port on the dash and cigarette lighter behind the dash

Also wires that have tape on them are soldered.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing pretty much. Spliced into the dual USB port on the dash and cigarette lighter behind the dash

Also wires that have tape on them are soldered.

Great job, I am sold to heatshrink for wires.

I see why my '03 is different, I don't have a cigarette lighter in mine but only a single 12V power Outlet.

Dash and cubby boxes are different on the '02 model I think.

I'll probably drill the usb flushmount at the back plate of the Metra cubby.

Thanks,

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job, I am sold to heatshrink for wires.

I see why my '03 is different, I don't have a cigarette lighter in mine but only a single 12V power Outlet.

Dash and cubby boxes are different on the '02 model I think.

I'll probably drill the usb flushmount at the back plate of the Metra cubby.

Thanks,

Solder is below the tape not under it. Just there to protect it

RATX5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, If you are looking to replace your 3rd brake light for leds I'd reccomend an IPCW 3rd brake light. I've been running it for about 3 weeks on my liberty and I absolutely love it. The 3rd brakelight alone is ridiculously bright. I can take a picture of how bright it is once night falls if you want. Here's a link to where I got mine and a closeup/distance shot to give you an idea of what it looks like installed.

Amazon.com: IPCW LED3-410CS Platinum Smoke LED Third Brake Light - 1 Piece: Automotive

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, If you are looking to replace your 3rd brake light for leds I'd reccomend an IPCW 3rd brake light. I've been running it for about 3 weeks on my liberty and I absolutely love it. The 3rd brakelight alone is ridiculously bright. I can take a picture of how bright it is once night falls if you want. Here's a link to where I got mine and a closeup/distance shot to give you an idea of what it looks like installed.

Amazon.com: IPCW LED3-410CS Platinum Smoke LED Third Brake Light - 1 Piece: Automotive

Would like to see it at night, but my concern is being seen through dust on a gravel/dirt road.

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I picked up the truck from paintshop yesterday and he did an amazing job... that I scratch while installing my CB dang /$"!"/$|!

So I was finally able to install the CB, and while being at it, I changed parking/brake and reverse bulbs for LEDs which are nice and brights.

So now I need to get a paint spraycan to "repair" that I did (and a few other scratches)

Will take some pictures as soon as I can... the weather is ******* our vehicules cleanliness ATM.

I mostly have the roofrack left :)

Members online

No members online now.