Gauge cowl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skidplate

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the gauge cowl? I need to get the clear cover over the gauges out. I thought I'd ask before I break something.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are detailed instructions in the service manuel, but I can't figure out the proper way to post them. Perhaps if you head over to the how-to and ask for it, or PM BluPhant or Bennett, they will post an article in the how-to section. :-k

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple screws (maybe 3?) under the defroster trim. You only need to pull up the left half of the defroster trim and to do that you need to remove the driver's A pillar handle. On both the left and right sides of the steering column at mid-dash level the little removable pieces of rectangular trim have screws under them. I think that's all that holds it on...

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is part of the Renny light bar instruction which shows how to remove the cowl:
You must be registered for see images

Skidplate

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Once you get the little stuff off without breaking them and figure out the puzzle, it was easier than I thought it would be. Although there were twice the number of screws I figured would be there. Nine screws to get the cowl off...I got it apart, cleaned the lens off and had it back together in less than an hour. It almost took longer to get the tools together than to get it apart. And a big thanks to BluPhant. That made all the difference =D>