Gas Gague/EVIC Malfunction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going on a little trip early tomorrow morning so I wanted to top off the tank so I wouldn't have to stop for gas. - - (had 3/4 of a tank) So I top it off and go to leave and the fuel tank gague still reads 3/4 and the EVIC is not resetting itself (miles worth of fuel) as it always does??? Anyway I get home (about 2 miles) and decide to shut it off and restart it to see if it would re-set or something. So I waited about 30 seconds and re-started and the gas gague goes right to full and the EVIC starts to re-set...........So ok...what gives??

1) Anybody have this happen?

2) What would cause that - topping it off???

Thanks,
Dave

Rocky04

Reaction score
Did you shut off the engine when you toped off. Some Indications do not reset switched on and adding gas.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocky04........no i shut it off at the pump - when i re-started at the pump the gas gague just went to where it was before i put the gas in and the EVIC was not recognizing the additional gas??

smitty1938

Reaction score
I had this happen to my 05 a couple of weeks ago. It has not happened again. It must be a jeep thing.
Smitty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.