garmin nuvi attach to dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eko

Reaction score
Hi: JEEP LIBERTY SPORT 4WD 2002

Where I live (California) windshield mount for Garmin nuvi is outlawed, & can not attach Garmin to dash where airbags may deploy.... ANY Jeep Liberty owners w/ a GARMIN attached to Dashboard? --- If YES, where?
thanx! eko

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where I have my XM Radio, it's about the size of a Nuvi. It might work for your Garmin. Use some 3M super ultra mega double sided mounting pads. Just keep in mind that the defrost vents might heat it up there.
I have my Garmin StreetPilot mounted to the windshield on the left of the steering wheel.
You must be registered for see images attach

eko

Reaction score
thanx --

This is where I have my XM Radio, it's about the size of a Nuvi. It might work for your Garmin. Use some 3M super ultra mega double sided mounting pads. Just keep in mind that the defrost vents might heat it up there.
I have my Garmin StreetPilot mounted to the windshield on the left of the steering wheel.
You must be registered for see images attach

appreciate foto -- mid-dash above vents seems best for Garmin - w/shield mount not OK in Ca

eko

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, my Garmin came with a disk that you could adhere to the dash for mounting.

I'll send to to you if I can find it.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Where I live (California) windshield mount for Garmin nuvi is outlawed, & can not attach Garmin to dash where airbags may deploy.... ANY Jeep Liberty owners w/ a GARMIN attached to Dashboard? --- If YES, where?
thanx! eko

Outlawed eh?
Kind of dumb when you consider that the California DMV still alows people to text message with their cell phones while driving!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outlawed eh?
Kind of dumb when you consider that the California DMV still alows people to text message with their cell phones while driving!

And allows Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Brittany Spears to even sit behind the wheel!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Where I live (California) windshield mount for Garmin nuvi is outlawed

That is the dumbest law in the country, BTW, just had to say.

cajunrebel

Reaction score
I took some 3m tape (the tape which came with mine didnt work well) and covered the bottom of the disk that came with my Nuvi. Then I put it on the dashboard in the very left corner outboard of the dash speaker grill. For me that positioned it directly behind my brake tag and therefore didnt obscure any of my field of view. Just clean the area up prior to installation.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG Midnight, I thought I was the only one who had that POS of a radio. I want to upgrade so bad but am not sure on the future of the whole industry. I even bought the whole headset for it but never used it.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
In PA, you really are not allowed to mount anything to the Wshield. However, I read the state rules, and the law says it may not materially obstruct the view of the road surface. Well, the WIPERS come up about an inch even on the outside, and the inspection stickers are ON the thin. So, my GPS is lower left corner, and my Sirius mount is down where the wipers are, almost centered of the vehicle, but more to the left, I have one of those Xact models that is thin, about 3/4" thick, 4" wide, and 3" deep

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online