Garmin Dash Mount Update...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you may have read in another thread which showed where and how I mounted my Garmin c530 GPS unit (pics below).

Well, scratch that idea. The disk did not make enough contact with the dash to make a solid bond. For now it's back to window mounting.

I'm debating on using JB Weld or some other kind of RTV to hold the disk in place. I know once I do that the disc is on there for good, which could be a good or bad thing.

Comments welcome....

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could attach the disk to the defroster vents? Maybe drill some holes in the disk and zip tie it on there? Just thinking out loud here....

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could attach the disk to the defroster vents? Maybe drill some holes in the disk and zip tie it on there? Just thinking out loud here....
If you start drilling holes in the disk, there goes the suction. Thanks for the input tho...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very neat, except for the wire.. Is that hard wired? Gotta get creative for that wire..
only if it could stay there like that.
Why not get another suction cup to hold this plate, or just a extended arm and mount it to the windshield

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very neat, except for the wire.. Is that hard wired? Gotta get creative for that wire..
only if it could stay there like that.
Why not get another suction cup to hold this plate, or just a extended arm and mount it to the windshield
The unit is not hard wired. I want to be able to use it in other vehicles.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "get another suction cup to hold this plate".

The same extended arm mount now being used for the disk on the dash is also used for the window. I just wanted to keep from mounting the unit to the window....

Latest posts

Members online