Fuel Rail Cover Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
My 2006 Liberty 3.7 literally has ALL new engine sensors, Crank, Cam, PCV, throttle position, idle control valve, MAP, fuel pump, fuel injectors, coil packs, NGK plugs, NTK oxygen sensors, Starter, alternator, AC compressor, serpentine belt, both converters, muffler, Evap canister, vapor purge valve, everything is brand new and runs great but after stopping for 5 min or more while hot it has a long crank and then finally fires up. I have intensely researched and narrowed the issue to two possible culprits. 1st being vapor lock from the gas in the fuel rail boiling from engine heat or a faulty transmission control unit? The cheapest fix would be to cover the fuel rail somehow to keep the heat away. Does any place sell a fuel rail kit for my Jeep, or does anyone here know a good heat shield product to use on the rail? Thanks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you done a fuel pressure test?
Jeep key on psi reading is? Jeep Running psi is? After 10 min Jeep off, reading is?

Attachments

• Fuel Pressure.jpg
    Fuel Pressure.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 5

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
Have you done a fuel pressure test?
Jeep key on psi reading is? Jeep Running psi is? After 10 min Jeep off, reading is?
I had to order a fuel pressure gauge, it is on the way...

What should all three tests pressure be proper?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Fuel pressure with Jeep running and or Key just on, should be around 59 psi.
Leak down test with jeep off for 10- 20 minutes should be noted and take it from there.

I'm not a fan of inexpensive gauges. Quality/ Calibrated shop gauges are not cheap. Mac Tool as in my image above or Snap On are very accurate..
You may be better off to borrow a quality one from a local auto parts store?

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
Fuel pressure with Jeep running and or Key just on, should be around 59 psi.
Leak down test with jeep off for 10- 20 minutes should be noted and take it from there.

I'm not a fan of inexpensive gauges. Quality/ Calibrated shop gauges are not cheap. Mac Tool as in my image above or Snap On are very accurate..
You may be better off to borrow a quality one from a local auto parts store?
Thanks for the info and I have an Orielly's a block from my house I will see if they have a good one to lend me.

AZGOAT

Reaction score
Cool tape works pretty well you can get it at O'Reilly's it's by there little performance section, I use it to wrap my fuel lines on my 383 stroker s10 drag truck and on my YJ as a experiment I tapped the bottom of the intake runners and fuel rail and fuel lines, because the exhaust manifold runs inline with the intake and I've definitely noticed a big difference in it...worth a shot