Front Yoke of Driveshaft Removal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of removing my front driveshaft and got the rear out of the transfer case but can not for the life of me get the front out of the yoke to the diff.
What can i do to get it out??? Ive tried a big hammer, but still no luck..

Mark

Reaction score
front prop

Yes it should pull back quite easily,check the front yolk is not damaged and pinching the cv joint cover? the 8 bolts are only small and the torque is quite low so i don't understand why it won't pull back and out best of luck Mark :confused:

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine did not come out easily....i used a big screwdriver and hammer and punched it out, by coming at it from front-to-back, and wedging the blade of the screwdriver against the face place as i tapped the screwdriver. it didn't take much, it was just seized due to the rust built up around the shaft hub.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright it is out it took some pretty heavy swings from the hammer to a punch for about 10 minutes before it broke loose...
Thanks guys and now the noise i had is gone!!