Front tow hooks - how to install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a pair of 2003 Liberty Renegade tow hooks at the salvage yard with mounting hardware. Want to mount these on my 2003 Limited. Does the front bumper have to be removed to do this or can they be installed with the bumper in place? Thanks for any help.

PS: If anyone needs left or right rear Renegade flares (painted light green color same as body) send me a PM as they are on the Jeep. Aluminum Renegade wheels there too. Front flares and fenders already gone. Light bar also gone already. Renegade has been on lot only 3 days.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to remove the bumper fascia to install the hooks. If you have the M bolt, you just need some patience, dexterity, and a few wrenches. The first time I installed mine, it was a PITA. But when I re-installed them after powder coating them, it went smoothly.

If you have access to a hinged, ratcheting wrench it will make your life easier and probably reduce the cursing.

You must be registered for see images attach