front end repairs done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barry Kozial

Reaction score
I am fixing up my jeep liberty 07 4wd, 3.7 L. I changed the passengers inner tie rod end.radiator, ****** cooler, lots of front end damage, just trying to get it on the road again. ****** fluid level is good. im experiencing a brake like feel mostly while coasting, and I am wondering if there is a ****** sending unit for the temperature of the transmission ? it does this brake feel while cold, and acts ok when it warmed up. The ESP BAS Light stays on, the engine light stays on. and the ABS light . Im just looking for any input that might help. I did do an alignment myself with a tape measure, the front only. the front tires, 1 new ,and 1 pretty bald, would this difference in tread depth be enough to fool the system check like the ESP and BAS warning indicator. Thanks a bunch

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Need tires of equal tread depth and design
need a real alignment you may have the toe in about right and caster/camber be way off
Have some place even if its *utozone the car wax place do a scan and see what codes you have for sure

barry Kozial

Reaction score
Thank you a lot for the reply, at this time there are no alarms with the tester under the dash,auto zone. the engine light is not on now. I did look at the caster camber area and I do see a difference in the way the wheel is eyeballing it with the driver side, looks as if it gonna need some work to get straightened. the impact was mostly on the passenger side, it is not straight. So tell me your opinion on if this wheel is so far out, will this cause the braking that im feeling to come from the ESP sensor ? Does it think that it needs correction and automatically brake to correct the prob.??Also , if it is low on ****** fluid can this be the cause of the braking feel? The jeep dealership says they got it filled up to the proper level, but sometimes I wonder, I really think its from the passengers wheel being out of linement.
Thanks again for the reply and all the suggestions.

barry Kozial

Reaction score
cant seem to find a video type site or forum that will help me to locate the EBC, electronic brake control system, and the ABS anti lock brake system, The TCS ,traction control system,BAS the brake assist system, ERM electronic roll mitigation, and ESP , electronic stability program ,i understand they all work together witch makes sense, but I am not that good at searching the web for this stuff, a good link to this would teach me a lot about this stuff. and it seems I need the help. links for this stuff would be awesome ,Thanks for reading everyone ,wish me luck please.

Barry

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not an expert, so take this for what it's worth. ;)

The one thing those items have in common, it would seem to me, is the onboard computer. If it's not working right then all those other things can't talk to each other. They may even be sending conflicting orders. We all know how well things work when our wife or girlfriend does that.

What Tom said about getting a "real" alignment is great advice. There is a reason shops invest thousands in the equipment to do it right. If "eyeballing" it was good enough they would save their money.

Frankly, I'll mess with a lot of stuff, but as soon as I run into a brake and/or steering problem I can't figure out right off the bat I am heading for a mechanic. It's one thing if the Jeep doesn't run; when it won't stop or won't go where I'm telling it to go it's time for an expert.

Assuming you are a good mechanic and just aren't sure where to start, paying for a basic diagnostic checkup from an honest (and competent) mechanic will be money well spent. :)

barry Kozial

Reaction score
Yes thank you, and I will be taking it to a shop where they can line it up, and to wait to hear about the front end parts being bent or shot, But it is what it is , I Thank you guys for your input.

barry Kozial

Reaction score
alignment fixed the braking prob, ESP. But there is something bent and still don't know what yet. but anyway A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE. I am happy to this point. feel safe to drive it now. Thanks again